Brewer Fanatic

2014-04-23 Padres (Ross) at Brewers (Lohse), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-2]

One of my issues with so many caught stealing is it saves the starter pitches. Just get caught three times a game and you have allowed the other starter to pitch another inning or two.

One cannot argue too much with the results of games. But it is one reason we have so many close games. Because we give away so many outs.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who is the single season HR leader for the Padres?

And this is none other than Greg Vaughn with 50 in 1998, including 4 sentimental bombs into Vaughn's valley in County Stadium

As I am reading this post Bill mentions Jose Valentin as the Pads 1B coach.... I am starting to get sentimental about those 90's Brewers teams all of a sudden.

Awesome. I'm on Facebook and the Brewers posted pics of Maldonado visiting with fans in luxury boxes DURING the game. Hey, if you're going to be suspended, might as well have fun. Love it.

Now we are playing a 5-2 game with our poor baseball and dumb manager rather than a 7-1 game.

It is out great pitching that is covering bad baseball. That can usually work, but maybe our pitchers are NOT THAT GREAT. And maybe we will start losing games with bad baseball and dumb managing... if our pitching becomes only very good, rather then the current AMAZING.

Am I reading this correct? Lucroy singled, then was caught stealing, right before a walk and a single.

Gotta love Ron.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

And one more now that I'm looking....

Tony Gwynn won eight batting titles. Who is the only other Padres player to win one?

Sheffield?

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Who was the first former Padre in their minor league system to be inducted into the Hall Of Fame?

interesting, I am first thinking Winfield, but I know he never actually played a day in the minors so that would be a good trick question...I'll go with Ozzie Smith

Who was the first former Padre in their minor league system to be inducted into the Hall Of Fame?

interesting, I am first thinking Winfield, but I know he never actually played a day in the minors so that would be a good trick question...I'll go with Ozzie Smith

The wording makes the question tricky. Think Padres before they were a MLB club.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

The wording makes the question tricky. Think Padres before they were a MLB club.

Ted Williams was with the Padres when they were PCL.

Oh goodie. We get to use Thornburg, Smith then Frankie ... again ... because our manager is a crap in game manager. He is quite good in all other roles... credit where credit is due. But, in game... he is a blithering fool. (bullpen management is easy when you have the bullpen doing what it does... you just squander all scoring chances... then get a 2 era starter to be replaced by NIL era relievers)

but when I hear the term 'bullpen tired' for the rest of the year I will translate that to 'stupid in game management'

Ted Williams was with the Padres when they were PCL.

Ding ding ding. Correct. Teddy Ballgame played for the Pads in the PCL in 1936-37.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

I cheated

I didn't. :) I knew it right away. But then I read a lot of baseball history. A lot.

Ding ding ding. Correct. Teddy Ballgame played for the Pads in the PCL in 1936-37.

Yup. They won the PCL title that year, iirc.

Archived