Brewer Fanatic

Brian Anderson?

I remember hearing from a friend who had connections to people "in the know" when Sutton left, that he and Rock did not get along at all.

I empathise with Sutton, I won't listen to a Brewers' broadcast on TV anymore, Rock's continual cliches drive me nuts, as does the lack of actual insight he provides.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I pretty much like everyone on TV and Radio during the game. Joe Block took a little getting used to, but he knows the game. My biggest issue with the broadcasts are Davie Nelson and Jerry Augustine are awful. Neither have anything insightful to say and they are awful on camera. Sophia Minnaert does a good job and Coshun is all right as a host I just wish they had a decent analyst. I can't even watch the pregame most days.
advocates for the devil

I totally lost it with Sophia Minnaert when she couldn't properly "speak" a batting average during an otherwise wonderful feature report. The way she said it was something like "point three hundred twenty-five."

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I love BA's sense of humor as well. He's just the right amount of quirky for me, and him and Bill have great chemistry.

Sophia is awful. Her delivery is just flat and she doesn't inject much personality. She just has no life in her voice and sounds like she's reading her words off a prompter/card. Which she probably is, but it's not supposed to sound like that. That's the whole idea.

• 1 month later...

Anderson will be calling a few NFL games for CBS this season.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/262589981.html

With him calling MLB playoffs, NBA playoffs, and NFL games it can't be long before he's out of Milwaukee; the demand for him is too high. If his NFL games go well I'd expect CBS to try to lock him up exclusively. They could have him do NFL, college basketball, and PGA.

Anderson will be calling a few NFL games for CBS this season.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/262589981.html

With him calling MLB playoffs, NBA playoffs, and NFL games it can't be long before he's out of Milwaukee; the demand for him is too high. If his NFL games go well I'd expect CBS to try to lock him up exclusively. They could have him do NFL, college basketball, and PGA.

In the article, it just says Anderson will be a fill-in type and only do games in November and December (ie. after the MLB playoffs are finished). If Anderson leaves, this won't be the main reason.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

But if Augie goes, who's gonna educate us about what a "breakkaball" looks like during Brewers Live?

That and his Stein's ad "What's Indieyard" are just grating on my ears.

Not on the level of the seemingly never-ending battle of Marney Gelner v. teleprompter, but still bad.

I remember hearing from a friend who had connections to people "in the know" when Sutton left, that he and Rock did not get along at all.

I empathise with Sutton, I won't listen to a Brewers' broadcast on TV anymore, Rock's continual cliches drive me nuts, as does the lack of actual insight he provides.

No doubt Rock is a cliche machine.

One thing that he does which drives me nuts is anytime a guy is in a slump or hitting poorly in general, all he harps on is that supposedly that hitter is just trying to pull the ball with each at bat. He says this with Segura all of the time as to while Jean is hitting poorly, but rarely ever mentions the atrocious plate discipline.

Yea, Segura probably does try pulling the ball to much, but to me the biggest issue is that he constantly helps getting himself out by swinging at garbage. He's either making contact to often with pitches out of the zone which are very difficult to square up on or he gets himself in bad hitter counts by swinging at balls, adding further to the odds he'll get poor pitches to square up on.

I live in FL and I'd rather listen to BA and Rock than some of the announcers from other teams! You guys don't know how lucky you are, frankly. The Pirate announcers are the worst. The Marlin announcers are great.

I live in FL and I'd rather listen to BA and Rock than some of the announcers from other teams! You guys don't know how lucky you are, frankly. The Pirate announcers are the worst. The Marlin announcers are great.

I agree on both our broadcast team & the Marlins' broadcast team. I haven't experienced PIT's much... but I do still occasionally tune in to the MIA broadcasts on MLB.tv just because of their announcers.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I totally lost it with Sophia Minnaert when she couldn't properly "speak" a batting average during an otherwise wonderful feature report. The way she said it was something like "point three hundred twenty-five."

Oh, man, I somehow overlooked this from April. Sophia is way more tolerable than Ann Carroll (reaching back a bit), but eeeeyikes, that's bad if you're trying to convey an understanding of baseball.

Fun fact: Sophia graduated from the high school that's three blocks from my house.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I don't really like Brian but I will give him a ton of credit during Weeks' at bat in the 13th when Angel Hernandez just wanted to go home.

First pitch is way inside and called a strike. Second pitch hits Weeks and Brian, in stride, calls it strike 2. Made me laugh for a while.

I don't really like Brian but I will give him a ton of credit during Weeks' at bat in the 13th when Angel Hernandez just wanted to go home.

First pitch is way inside and called a strike. Second pitch hits Weeks and Brian, in stride, calls it strike 2. Made me laugh for a while.

That was classic.

Sophia just mispronounced "Burleigh." Given that she's been with the team for a couple of years, that's something she ought to be getting right.

For those who aren't from the area, the first vowel in the second syllable is silent and the second one is pronounced. That's characteristic of words of German origin.

Yeah, Sophia was referring to something happening around Burleigh Street and Sherman Boulevard. She was reading a script written by someone else.

It's not a sin to get it wrong if you're not from town. However, a local reporter needs to get it right.

I remember the days when Channel 58 first started having news and the reporters couldn't pronounce the names of Milwaukee suburbs. That was pretty bad.

Archived