Brewer Fanatic

2014-04-22 Padres (Kennedy) at Brewers (Gallardo), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 2-1, 12 innings]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/padres.png[/logo][game-info][h1]April 22 | 7:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Padres (9-11) | Brewers (15-5)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/pitchers/padres/kennedy-01.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/pitchers/brewers/gallardo-04.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]1-3, 4.13 ERA, 1.04 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Kennedy was a tough-luck loser in his last start against the Rockies, as he took a no-hitter into the sixth inning before allowed three runs in the seventh. He went a season-high seven innings, getting good use of a three-pitch mix.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]2-0, 1.46 ERA, 1.09 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Padres | Game Log[/h3][h3]Brewers manager Ron Roenicke has said the same thing after each Gallardo start: "He keeps us in the game." Gallardo has six strikeouts in each of his last two outings, and has met the definition of quality start in all four.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. SS Everth Cabrera
  2. CF Will Venable
  3. C Yasmani Grandal
  4. LF Seth Smith
  5. 3B Chase Headley
  6. 2B Jedd Gyorko
  7. 1B Yonder Alonso
  8. RF Chris Denorfia
  9. P Ian Kennedy

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Carlos Gómez
  2. 2B Scooter Gennett
  3. RF Ryan Braun
  4. 3B Aramis Ramírez
  5. C Jonathan Lucroy
  6. LF Khris Davis
  7. 1B Mark Reynolds
  8. SS Jean Segura
  9. P Yovani Gallardo

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeez now Segura is hitting 8th?

Makes sense though; I want the bigger power guys in Davis and Reynolds hitting with RISP. If Segura can get on base it could be a nice catalyst once the lineup turns over to Gomez again. I suppose it is a nice problem to have if a player as talented as him is hitting 8th; even if he is struggling a bit to start the year.

I'd prefer Reynolds 8th and Segura 7th. Reynolds is willing to take a walk if they decide to pitch around the 8th spot to get to #9 and turning over the lineup is an important thing. I'm not Segura is.

If the two (Reynolds and Segura) are currently a toss up .. I'd prefer the patience in the 8 spot.

Wow I just took a look at what the Padres gave up to get Ian Kennedy, and that was really an under the radar awful move from Kevin Towers. Has any GM ever given up so much for so little as Tower last 2+ years in Arizona? He gave up 2 1/2 seasons of a solid SP for a reliever and a relief prospect. Plus Kennedy's flyball style is a great fit for Petco. Whenever Doug does something that annoys you just remember it could be a lot worse.
advocates for the devil

Yeah yeah, I know strikeouts are no worse than any other out and that he hits DINGERS, but I just don't like watching guys like Mark Reynolds who you can't count on to put a ball in play.

Fastballs down the center and no hits means Lucroy isn't right yet, but him fouling off pitches like that is a good start.
Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Yeah yeah, I know strikeouts are no worse than any other out and that he hits DINGERS, but I just don't like watching guys like Mark Reynolds who you can't count on to put a ball in play.

In general i'd rather have Reynold starting vs Overbay, but whenever there is a runner on 3rd with less than two outs, i dread seeing him at the plate because he's such a K machine.

Archived