Brewer Fanatic

Pittsburgh Fallout/Suspensions [Maldonado 5, Gomez 3, Snider 2 and Martin 1]; Gomez drops appeal, serves suspension May 14-16 (post 89)

pacopete4
Verified Member
Why am I not surprised Baseball would wait to hear the appeal so that any suspension would cause Gomez to miss games against the Yankees. Also Brian McCann.

I would venture a guess that is not the reason they waited.

You are probably right, but still fishy none the less...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Carlos Gomez's appeal of his three-game suspension will be heard on Friday.

However, a ruling might not come until the following Monday or Tuesday. It would be poor timing if the suspension is upheld, as the Brewers begin a three-game series with the Pirates on May 13. May 5 - 7:18 PM

Source: Tom Haudricourt on Twitter

It would be poor timing if the suspension is upheld, as the Brewers begin a three-game series with the Pirates on May 13. May 5 - 7:18 PM

I would think that from MLB's standpoint that would be perfect timing, as Gomez would miss a series against the team with whom he fought. For the Brewers it stinks, but suspensions are supposed to hurt.

Note that I don't agree with all the suspensions, as Cole was as much at fault as Gomez, and Snider was most at fault of anyone, but since the MLB made the suspensions they did, they're probably happy if Gomez misses the Pirates series.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

it's too bad that the suspension won't be served during games against an american league team (like the yankees). playing a man short, a brewers loss to an american league team would only be a half game boost for a national league rival gunning for the nl central division title or nl wild card.

any word on the appeal?

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Archived