Brewer Fanatic

2014-04-21 Padres (Cashner) at Brewers (Peralta), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-3]

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Small ball was 100% the correct move up by 1 bottom of the 8th, however, RRR is too dumb to manage differently based on different situations. Maldonaldo cannot bunt. So he should not be bunting. Therefore, RRR should not have asked him to bunt. That is the first problem.

The aggressive baserunning by Herrera was not terrible, it was close and if he would have been safe it would have really increased our chances at an insurance run. The second problem was Segura just wandering 20 feet off the base doing nothing, he either should have just gone home or gone back to the base.

Luckily for the bumbling idiot RRR, it all doesn't matter

both Hardicourt and I believe McCalvy had tweets out talking about how Maldonado is one of the best bunters on the team right when he was trying to get the bunts down. I personally don't recall how good Maldonado is at bunting but 2 people who follow the team closer than I do disagree that he can't bunt.

I also want to thank you for posting the baserunning stats earlier, everyone acts like no other team makes outs on the basepaths so it was nice to see stats showing the Brewers are pretty normal in that regard and even a bit better than average at taking the extra base.

Archived