Brewer Fanatic

2014-04-21 Padres (Cashner) at Brewers (Peralta), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-3]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/padres.png[/logo][game-info][h1]April 21 | 7:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Padres (9-10) | Brewers (14-5)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/pitchers/padres/cashner-01.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/pitchers/brewers/peralta-04.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]2-1, 1.27 ERA, 0.95 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]No brush with a no-hitter this time, but Cashner continues to shine as he held the Rockies to one earned run in 7 1/3 innings the last time out. He struck out five, walked one and got 11 ground-ball outs, as his sinker was really moving.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]2-0, 1.96 ERA, 1.09 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Padres | Game Log[/h3][h3]In his past 20 starts dating to last season, Peralta is 9-7 with a 2.88 ERA, including 2-0 with a 1.96 ERA in 2014. Not only has he has never faced the Padres, he's never faced a single hitter on San Diego's current roster.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. SS Everth Cabrera
  2. CF Will Venable
  3. LF Seth Smith
  4. 3B Chase Headley
  5. 2B Jedd Gyorko
  6. 1B Yonder Alonso
  7. RF Chris Denorfia
  8. C René Rivera
  9. P Andrew Cashner

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Carlos Gómez
  2. 2B Scooter Gennett
  3. RF Ryan Braun
  4. 3B Aramis Ramírez
  5. LF Khris Davis
  6. 1B Mark Reynolds
  7. SS Jean Segura
  8. C Martín Maldonado
  9. P Wily Peralta

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like dropping Jean down. He needs to get it together. Had a couple hits the other day, but he just seems to be too jumpy up there and slapping and running too much. It worked last year, it's not working this year. He also regularly hit the ball into the outfield last year, going the other way. Haven't seen much of that this year.

I also like the swap. Scooter can put together some good at bats in the 2 spot and make the pitcher throw some pitches vs GoGo and Jean swinging at all things... and I hope this takes a little pressure off of Segura and he can loosen up. IMHO Scooter is the correct choice to bat 2nd right now. Well done.

Lucroy's 14 innings yesterday made Martin's start today necessary.. but yes, we will need Lucroy to catch for a week.

I hope Maldonado doesn't appeal. If he gets 5 games (likely I think), that would keep him out for the rest of San Diego and the Cubs series but we would get him back for St. Louis. I'd rather he miss two sub .500 series and be back and ready for the Cards.

I am wondering if Segura is just pressing a bit because he probably turned down a contract extension in the offseason. Now he is under pressure to show that this wasn't a mistake.

I am wondering if Segura is ever going to hit a HR again; he seems to have lost all of his power since his HR outburst early last year.

Gennett will never be considered an OBP machine or anything; but it is worth giving him a shot. It also sneaks a LH hitter at the front of the lineup as well.

Going to be a tough game tonight; Peralta better be on his A game because I don't think too many runs will be scored off of Cashner.

WILL THE FANS GIVE CARLOS GOMEZ A STANDING OVATION?
Maybe not a standing, but a larger than normal ovation may be in order.

But will the media be OUTRAGED?

I hope so on both accounts. The Brewers are quickly becoming the major heel team of the MLB, might as well embrace it.

Scooter is worse against lefties than Gallardo is against righties. (small sample bla bla)

Gennett vs LHP 49 PA .174/.191/.174. No XBH, no BB

Gallardo vs RHP 304 PA .205/.237/.343 8 HRs

however, is he a big enough threat to bring in a LOOGY for? Probably not. Do you want to let a lefty have the entire inning if it means Gomez, Braun and Ramirez are likely ABs? Probably not either. So the 2 hole might really protect him against facing LHP

Davis late scratch. Herrera in. Wonder what's up there.

Stomach Flu! Just heard on tv.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Davis late scratch. Herrera in. Wonder what's up there.

Stomach Flu! Just heard on tv.

He was barfing during practice. Flu bug going around. Tom H twitter

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Peralta no hitter through 2/3.

No no no. At this rate he will have a complete game shut out. It's more likely.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Tough break with those two atbats.

Yup. Gennett hit it hard, right to the 3B. I also thought the first two strikes on Braun were pretty bad calls, though I am not looking at a game tracker or anything. I was pleasantly surprised with how well the ump called the balls and strikes to Gomez, but then all of a sudden, he changed it up with Braun.

Archived