Brewer Fanatic

2014-04-20 Brewers (Estrada) at Pirates (Cole), 12:35 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-2, 14 innings]

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hilarious decision given the comparative OBP's of Braun and Lucroy this season.

You're not making that decision based on 18 games worth of plate appearances.

Why wouldn't you? Especially considering their AVG's going back to 2012 are not dissimilar and all you want there is to avoid a base hit.

Go Khris & K-Rod!!!!

to quote daniel day lewis from there will be blood "i broke you and i beat you eli".... except it's maldy saying that to snider
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Community Moderator

I originally thought 5 games for Gomez but upon closer inspection it doesn't look that serious. Maybe a couple games at most. I'm guessing Maldonado might get suspended also?

In previous years we might have went 0-4 in that series, but this team somehow found a way to win. Astounding.

I originally thought 5 games for Gomez but upon closer inspection it doesn't look that serious. Maybe a couple games at most. I'm guessing Maldonado might get suspended also?

In previous years we might have went 0-4 in that series, but this team somehow found a way to win. Astounding.

I could see him missing the entire next series. I wish Gindl was hitting so he would be coming up, I think we'll see a bunch of Herrera though.

I doubt Gomez serves it immediately. He will surely challenge it and get it reduced. Maldy will for sure miss a series (or more) even though I love that shot to snider who took down Gomez along with four other pirates by his side.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

That was so fun to be at, nothing is better than getting to silence the boo'ers with thay 9th hr

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I'm finding it way more enjoyable to go through an MLB season as the heel. Today's scrum was cocky on the part of Cargo but it shows they're all playing with a major chip on the shoulder and this attitude is why we're grinding out so many wins, so early.

Like it, love it, and definitely want more of it.

If Cole doesn't want people admiring their (almost) homers then how about NOT hanging fastballs over the middle of the zone?

Absolutely. Gomez paused for like a split second. That fight was entirely Cole's fault. He got beat, and he handled it like a whiny child. Now, Gomez needs not to go berserk when that happens. But Cole is the jerk who made it happen. He's like Chris Carpenter without the talent.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Hilarious decision given the comparative OBP's of Braun and Lucroy this season.

You're not making that decision based on 18 games worth of plate appearances.

Why wouldn't you? Especially considering their AVG's going back to 2012 are not dissimilar and all you want there is to avoid a base hit.

Go Khris & K-Rod!!!!

To say that the decision is 'hilarious' based on a tiny sample size of 18 games is a simple fallacy. Yes, Lucroy has a marginally higher BA this year, but overall, I think your run expectency is higher with Braun at the dish.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Absolutely. Gomez paused for like a split second. That fight was entirely Cole's fault. He got beat, and he handled it like a whiny child. Now, Gomez needs not to go berserk when that happens. But Cole is the jerk who made it happen. He's like Chris Carpenter without the talent.

This, in its entirety.

I don't care when Go-Go pauses to admire a drive.....I just wish he'd be SURE that it's gone, and not a WTP drive.

The flip side of it is, when someone takes issue with it, just turn the other shoulder Carlos. Don't throw a 1000 degree ballistic rage-fit.

I don't care when Go-Go pauses to admire a drive.....I just wish he'd be SURE that it's gone, and not a WTP drive.

"That (Atlanta) game I know I go over (the line). But today I’m not," Gomez said. "First of all, I hit a triple – it’s not a double – I’m not flipping my bat because I think it’s a home run. I thought it was an out. I thought it was a fly-ball out, line-drive center field. And I’m kind of like, ‘Oh, I had good contact but I don’t think it’s going out.’

Anyone buying that explanation?

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/255947781.html#ixzz2zTYXmhhi

Nobody is buying that explanation from Gomez. His whole defense of himself is pretty ridiculous. He makes it sound like because it's OK because it's what he's always done. I love Carlos, but once again I'm embarrassed for him. Words are one thing, but getting physical is something else. We need him right now and it's sad that he's going to likely miss a few games.

I'm going to guess 3 games for Carlos and 5 games for Maldy.

I love Carlos, but once again I'm embarrassed for him.

Yeah, and in addition to that, at first I was all jacked up about finally seeing a brawl with some substance to it that was more than a little pushing and shoving and milling around but in hindsight I'm already cringing and embarrassed.

Nobody is buying that explanation from Gomez. His whole defense of himself is pretty ridiculous. He makes it sound like because it's OK because it's what he's always done. I love Carlos, but once again I'm embarrassed for him. Words are one thing, but getting physical is something else. We need him right now and it's sad that he's going to likely miss a few games.

I'm going to guess 3 games for Carlos and 5 games for Maldy.

they're not going to suspend both starting catchers

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Archived