Brewer Fanatic

2014-04-20 Brewers (Estrada) at Pirates (Cole), 12:35 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-2, 14 innings]

Find someone to replace Bianchi. He is useless and can't hit a fastball late in games. Heat.

I don't want to pile on Bianchi but he had zero.zero chance to hit Wilson. I am guessing he had a sign to 'take' on that second pitch bc I literally laughed out loud that he let the bat sit on his shoulder. I thought, what the heck fooled you about THAT pitch??

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Find someone to replace Bianchi. He is useless and can't hit a fastball late in games. Heat.

Bianchi's one skill is decent defense at SS. If he could hit he'd be a starter some place.

Saved a couple runs earlier in the game on an amazing play at 3B. He's servicable in a utility role.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Shoulda been ARam in for Scooter and it doesn't come down to Bianchi. Poor decision there.

Then you have to use Maldonado for the pitcher's spot and we would have nobody left on the bench.

So what? Go for the W. Either ARam puts us ahead and we let a pitcher hit or Maldonado gets a crack at it and we have to use Gallardo as a pinch hitter later. May never get that chance again.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Shoulda been ARam in for Scooter and it doesn't come down to Bianchi. Poor decision there.

Then you have to use Maldonado for the pitcher's spot and we would have nobody left on the bench.

So what? Go for the W. Either ARam puts us ahead and we let a pitcher hit or Maldonado gets a crack at it and we have to use Gallardo as a pinch hitter later. May never get that chance again.

They could have just pitched around A-Ram in that spot too, and then all the pressure is on Maldonado instead of Gennett (an offensive downgrade). Doesn't change much.

I've basically defended the roster construction moves this year. I understand dumping Francisco. But -- especially until Khris and Jean start hitting -- about two-thirds of our position players are pushovers at the plate . . . aaaand Overbay singles, right on cue. I'll shut up now.

Segura needs to do something...anything...

Dude wants Andrelton money but hit ABs getting more and more embarrassing, especially in the clutch.

I couldn't agree more.

And on a different note, hard to believe Luc is 0 for 6 today.

I have a good feeling with a 2-5 Davis coming to bat and then we'll know for sure where we're at with pitching when Duke's spot comes up...

Is Maldo all that's left on the bench?

Archived