Brewer Fanatic

Maldonado Knocks Cover Off Ball....Literally!

Pretty cool, but, this being my first sight of Maldonado hit this season, Reynolds on 2b, why is he in such a pull swing mode? 1out runner on 2b shouldn't his approach to hit more up the middle to opposite field? Where at least his out moves the runner to 3b?

Brewer Fanatic Staff

This line later from Uecker was good.

I was watching, but if it was radio-only, it would have been frustrating. Ueck was so taken aback it took a full 30 seconds or so before he actually explained what happened. Once he started to clarifying things he was very good (i.e, the napkin), but that would have been a frustrating listen eventually.

Love MLB videos when they go to all four calls like that.

Pretty cool, but, this being my first sight of Maldonado hit this season, Reynolds on 2b, why is he in such a pull swing mode? 1out runner on 2b shouldn't his approach to hit more up the middle to opposite field? Where at least his out moves the runner to 3b?

The pitcher is hitting behind him, so I have no problem with his approach and there was already one out. I don't think anyone can expect Maldanado to be able to execute hitting behind runners. He is what he is as a hitter. His one asset as a hitter is that he'll connect now and then. He's a lot better off not thinking up there.

Archived