Brewer Fanatic

Ike Davis to the Pirates

sauveb
I would have traded fiers. But reading recently, the pirates and crew never got close. So sobeit. The ptbn will be interesting

Re 1st base going forward the current patch seems to be ok for a while. The future is sure unclear. But if we manage an upgrade there say in 2015 that will be the easiest boost for this already good team

Maybe we can pick up Ike Davis in the off season when he is released :)

I believe Melvin would have traded Fiers but I don't believe the Mets were interested in Fiers.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He has an OPS north of .800 against RHP, and it's right around his career split. He'd have been a significant upgrade over Overbay, but likely not worth what PIT were asking.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

He has an OPS north of .800 against RHP, and it's right around his career split. He'd have been a significant upgrade over Overbay, but likely not worth what PIT were asking.

To me, that's the key. I'd have certainly taken him as a FA, but not for Thornburg or even Fiers.

I certainly was wrong thinking his two half year funks were just funks and he was the original Ike. Mind you, I have post somewhere saying Weeks would be come back player of the year.

What I should do is start spruiking Cardinal players. That will assure us of the division.

Archived