Brewer Fanatic

2014-04-16 Cardinals (Kelly) at Brewers (Peralta), 12:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-1]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/cardinals.png[/logo][game-info][h1]April 16 | 12:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Cardinals (9-5) | Brewers (10-4)[/h2][h3]WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/pitchers/cardinals/kelly-01.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/pitchers/brewers/peralta-03.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]1-0, 0.79 ERA, 1.41 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Kelly pitched into the seventh in his last start, but was handed a no-decision despite not allowing an earned run. He has finished at least six innings in 14 of his last 17 starts and has allowed two runs or less in 13 of those games.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]1-0, 2.25 ERA, 1.08 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Cardinals | Game Log[/h3][h3]Peralta was working Friday with catcher Jonathan Lucroy (not Martin Maldonado) for the first start since last June, but he looked unfazed. The 24-year-old allowed just one earned run in seven innings.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Carlos Gomez
  2. SS Jean Segura
  3. C Jonathan Lucroy
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. LF Khris Davis
  6. 2B Scooter Gennett
  7. 1B Mark Reynolds
  8. RF Logan Schafer
  9. RHP Wily Peralta

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see the offense is off and running again today. I know we don't have a ton of options but right now I just do not like having Gomez - Segura as our 1-2. How long until the fans turn on Segura like they did with Weeks? At least Weeks used to get on base and knock one outta the park here and there. I'd like to see Braun moved up into the 2 hole and let Aram be in the 3. Braun's power is down anyways and we possibly get him another at bat a game.

Come on... beat those Cardinals!!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I'm not watching, just on gamecast, but how do we (and the Cards announcers for that matter) know that RR instructed Gomez to bunt. Isn't it possible he was doing that on his own accord?

Segura...killing me.

What just happened??? Groundout to first and Craig is still on first?

First baseman stepped on the bag for the out and threw to 2nd, the return throw hit Craig in the head, scrambling back to 1B. The play was backed up by the catcher so Craig stayed there.

By the way, these announcers on MLB networks are obviously pro Cardinals and it is hard to listen to. If my radio feed was synced to the TV I would have Uecker on without hesitation.

After the Gomez double .. "I wish that bunt had stayed fair" ..

This inning "Peralta was hitting his spots the first 3 innings but looks likes he has lost his command a little here, need to get to him now while you can"

That's generally what MLB network does I think. They don't have their own announce crews usually, they just take other teams broadcasts and put it on their network. At least in the few games I've watched on there.

Nice to see Wily get out of there. Sure would be nice if the offense could wake up for an inning or two. I know young players are going to struggle and some will fail, but watching Segura and Davis so far this year has been really difficult. Both are scuffling big time right now.

Archived