Brewer Fanatic

27 Years Ago Today...

clancyphile

Today marks the 27th anniversary of a moment of Brewers history. On this day. no matter how bad it turns out to be, just think of what the 1987 Orioles went through 27 years ago.

After they probably did the finishing touches on their taxes, they had to go to work - there was a game scheduled that day with the Milwaukee Brewers, who sent Juan Nieves to the mound. At the end of that game, here was what Juan's line looked like:

9 innings pitched, 0 earned runs, 0 runs, five walks, seven strikeouts, and NO HITS ALLOWED.

Hope that helps you get through this day.

27 years ago... 9 innings, 3 outs, 27 outs, DO WE GET A REPEAT TODAY??!?

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I remember sitting in a bar with a buddy watching the game. I went to the pay phone and called my dad as soon as the game ended to see it he had been watching (he had). I'll never forget that play by Yount at the end. As soon as the ball went off the bat I was thinking it was going into the gap.

http://m.mlb.com/video/v7999461/41587-juan-nieves-tosses-first-brewers-nohitter

Hard to believe it's been 27 years. Those 13 games are one of my favorite seasons, all by themselves, and the Yount catch may be the single most thrilling, cathartic moment in Brewers history. Thanks for the reminder, Clancy!

And for years, my brother and I would mimic the seemingly unnecessary dive by Yount by catching ball THEN jumping on the bed in a moment of pure drama. :)

You aren't alone, I think all of us around that age did the same, my brother and I did that's for sure. My brother still imitates Cooper's unique batting stance to this day sometimes during his softball games.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Hard to believe it's been 27 years. Those 13 games are one of my favorite seasons, all by themselves, and the Yount catch may be the single most thrilling, cathartic moment in Brewers history. Thanks for the reminder, Clancy!

I missed the game as well. I ended up going to some chick flick with far more romance than comedy that night. I got out as the post game show was finishing. Obviously I wasn't dating anyone as cool as Hawing at the time. :rolleyes I did get to watch Odell Jones near no hitter though.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Today marks the 27th anniversary of a moment of Brewers history. On this day. no matter how bad it turns out to be, just think of what the 1987 Orioles went through 27 years ago.

After they probably did the finishing touches on their taxes, they had to go to work - there was a game scheduled that day with the Milwaukee Brewers, who sent Juan Nieves to the mound. At the end of that game, here was what Juan's line looked like:

9 innings pitched, 0 earned runs, 0 runs, five walks, seven strikeouts, and NO HITS ALLOWED.

Hope that helps you get through this day.

Thanks Rock.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived