Brewer Fanatic

Retro Uniforms All Weekend?

They're not really out of style. You can buy new ones on Fifth Avenue or at a Gap.

Regardless, I wouldn't mind the baby blues now and then. The logo itself uses lettering that is a bad imitation of a brush script used by "show card" artists. That's old.

Formerly AKA Pete

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only reason that a lot of those "classic" uniforms (that others, including me, call "boring") like the Yankees, Dodgers, Tigers, Cardinals, etc. are "classics" and rank near the top of these kind of "best uniforms" lists is their history of winning. Not to mention that they also didn't ever really deviate much from the originals.

If the Brewers would have had a history of winning with the ball and glove (I mean, more than just getting to the World Series in '82, but winning it and several more in the next 10-20 years after that) I believe they would still be using it today as their main logo. The same "could" possibly be said for the current set of uniforms/logo if they could reel off 3 titles in 5 years such as the Giants.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived