Brewer Fanatic

Retro Uniforms All Weekend?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The starting pitcher decides the uniform, and I guess they were feeling good in them. Wasn't a decision made by the club.

While I don't doubt what you are saying, I kind of find it hard to believe that EVERY FRIDAY, the starting pitcher decides to wear the retros. Clearly there are times when the club does decide?

Brewers need to go retro every game. Enough of this stupid crap. Do the Brewers know the money they can make should they do this? Best uniforms in baseball of all time.
Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Brewers need to go retro every game. Enough of this stupid crap. Do the Brewers know the money they can make should they do this? Best uniforms in baseball of all time.

Yes. I would love a full time switch back to the retros. Ball n Glove needs to come back.

About half as much as they can make selling two different sets of merchandise with two different logos and color schemes? It's not like there is less ball and glove merchandise just because they don't wear that uni all the time, that logo and color scheme is everywhere, as is the new one. This is why there are two uniforms, and why there will be for a long time.

I am not Shea Vucinich

About half as much as they can make selling two different sets of merchandise with two different logos and color schemes? It's not like there is less ball and glove merchandise just because they don't wear that uni all the time, that logo and color scheme is everywhere, as is the new one. This is why there are two uniforms, and why there will be for a long time.

Not really true. Half of the people who own the current jersey non retro will end up purchasing the retro jersey. The new fans it will attract along with winning will increase sales. More people want to purchase the retro than the current, because it's a BETTER jersey. With the Retro jersey people must also have the ball and glove logo cap.

I'm going to disagree with you.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

liveforoctober, I don't get your statement seeing as the ball and glove logo is back! We have two nice logos

I'd rather be known for the one that is the best of all time. The retro.

The old jersey does not attract fans, winning does. And if fans like the retro jersey (which I certainly do), they can buy it now. In many varieties. And the hat. And t-shirts. And tons of other merchandise. Going to the retro jersey exclusively wouldn't change that one bit.

But, with the new jersey, which I like as well, they can buy all that in the new variety too. I, like many Brewers fans, have a retro ball and glove cap as well as a new barley M cap. I am sure I wouldn't have two different Brewers caps if they only had one cap to sell (I of course don't count all those horrendous non-traditional caps).

Half of the people who own the current jersey non retro will end up purchasing the retro jersey.

This statement exactly proves my point. It's pretty simple really, more merchandise = more money. Like it or not, that's what it all boils down to.

I am not Shea Vucinich

The old jersey does not attract fans, winning does. And if fans like the retro jersey (which I certainly do), they can buy it now. In many varieties. And the hat. And t-shirts. And tons of other merchandise. Going to the retro jersey exclusively wouldn't change that one bit.

But, with the new jersey, which I like as well, they can buy all that in the new variety too. I, like many Brewers fans, have a retro ball and glove cap as well as a new barley M cap. I am sure I wouldn't have two different Brewers caps if they only had one cap to sell (I of course don't count all those horrendous non-traditional caps).

Half of the people who own the current jersey non retro will end up purchasing the retro jersey.

This statement exactly proves my point. It's pretty simple really, more merchandise = more money. Like it or not, that's what it all boils down to.

Actually if you are a female who is new to this sport and go to your first game and learn about the 1982 team and see the uniforms they wore on the field in present day and they are cool and attractive you will buy it for that reason alone. You'd be surprised. The retro is miles better than the other one. Not close. Due to this you couldn't dispute that simply going with the best jersey of all time will attract more people to buy than by having 2 jersey's one which many people simply don't want. Name 1 person who doesn't want to own the retro jersey?

Then people must also have the hat. You make it perminant people wont just buy 1 jersey they will buy multiple for all their favorite players.

I'm standing by what I said.

Name 1 person who doesn't want to own the retro jersey?

Me. I dont mind them, but prefer the new ones.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Then you are in a very very very small minority of people.

Then you are in a very very very small minority of people.

I would disagree with that. Most people I talk to like the retro's in small doses. The ball / glove logo is cool logo but don't play it out. Also I like the simplicity of the new logo and the colors. I own probably half and half in terms of gear.

As for marketing / sales / the brewers have the pin stripe retro, new grey, white, and blues. All in all, they will make more money with all the different varieties.

What they should do though is bring back the retro powder blues. As I say the more the styles the more the merrier.

Bombers,

That poster said he doesn't want to own the retro, which my question was name 1 person that doesn't want to own the retro? Bombers you said most people you talk to like the retros in small doses, which proves my point that practically everybody wants to own the retro jersey.

Community Moderator

I have mixed feelings about the retros, but I do think the post-2000 logo has run its course. It's been around for 15 years with few changes. The alternate gold jersey is the only major addition. Overall it's a very average logo (both the baseball and the hat logo). The blue home jerseys with the white pants look the best.

I would like to see them change logos for the 15-year anniversary of Miller Park next year. The ball-and-glove logo should be on the hats full time. I do think they should retain the current colors and maintain a retro look with the old colors. They could try and make a new primary logo--or perhaps come up with several ideas and have a fan vote.

The ball-and-glove logo should be on the hats full time

This. I actually don't mind the current jerseys at all. I have always preferred script lettering over block lettering (which is why I own a retro Brewers jersey with script instead of block lettering). I also like the dark blue coloring scheme better than the lighter blue on the retro jerseys. Still, the ball and glove logo needs to have a permanent presence. I like what the Twins did...they ditched the M logo for the retro TC logo and everyone is happy.

The best uni they've ever worn is the "Milwaukee Bears" uni worn during the annual tribute to the Negro Leagues.

Beyond that, I think they will indeed make a lot of coin off of the retro if they keep wearing it and if they keep winning. It's what the bandwagoners will identify with, and if they keep winning there will certainly be bandwagoners (which, distasteful as it may be to some, can only help the team).

I just care about winning. If you have to pin me down, I'd say I probably like the gold alternate and retros slightly more than the others, but at the end of the day, I really couldn't care less as long as we have more runs than the other team.

That said, I won't deny that there's probably a demographic out there that buys uniforms mostly on look that the club wants to appeal to.

i love the ball glove because its also an m and a b, its hands down one of the most clever logos in baseball, and any sport in my opinion

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I was going to start a new thread but thought I'd drop it in here. When is the last time the Brewers have worn the retro gray uniforms with "Milwaukee" in cursive across the chest? Have they ever done that as a retro?

On that note, why is it so hard to find that jersey out there? I'd love to do a custom gray jersey but can't find it anywhere.

Archived