Brewer Fanatic

2014-04-12 Pirates (Volquez) at Brewers (Gallardo), 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-2]

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
any hitter should know that the pitcher with 2 outs will not throw one of the hottest hitters a strike in that AB with 1B open. if they do it will be on the outside of the plate, which means think opposite field or lay off. Bad mental baseball.
Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

wow Davis wow. Nice job moron

seriously?

There is no promise he'd score there, the left fiedler had his momentum coming to the plate, odds are, he could have been gunned down just as easy as scoring a run..

I don't want to sound like I am nitpicking, but I feel like Weeks could've drove that a little deeper. It sort of put Davis in a bad spot and he panicked and didn't go.

That was just a tough situation all around. Weeks hit a hard line drive to a fielder playing in a good spot. Davis panicked a little, but you could make a case that, with Gomez up, you might hold him up anyway, knowing Marte isn't all that far way and all his momentum is headed home.

Just a bad break. Let Henderson pitch out of it and then the middle of the order drive in a few. Or wait another inning. Walk-offs are more fun ;)

seriously?

There is no promise he'd score there, the left fiedler had his momentum coming to the plate, odds are, he could have been gunned down just as easy as scoring a run..

I don't want to sound like I am nitpicking, but I feel like Weeks could've drove that a little deeper.

:laughing

That ball was not hit deep enough for an automatic score...

While this is true, it's still a big mistake by Davis. Marte has a great arm but his momentum wasn't carrying him directly toward home, it was more toward 1B. He'd have to turn his body slightly and get off an absolute perfect throw to get Davis. While no guarantee that he would have scored, I would have liked his chances and that's a play that you'd tag up on 99% of the time. Davis goofed; it is what it is.

David was so aggressive to score on the wild pitch but then didn't go there?

The problem was he was too aggressive again and left before Marte caught the ball. By the time he got back, it was too late to go again.

That ball was not hit deep enough for an automatic score...

That was my feeling also.

Not automatic, but probably scores 2/3 of the time. I'd take that chance at this point in game.

I don't think Davis is a moron either, but he should have been at second on the error and did screw that tag up. It will happen with young players.

Wow on the bunt complaints. Moving both runners in to scoring position while removing the DP potential on a grounder? All things considered, not able to watch game so I don't know how deep the fly ball was, with the new Play at the plate rules, and the score tied, the 3rd base coach should have told him, head for home on a fly ball, force them to nail you out. It's a tie ball game. BAs are .300ish for Gomez so with 2outs he's only going to knock Davis in around 30% of the time. Poor throw, Catcher interfers blocking Davis's path just try to get the go ahead run there.

The problem was he was too aggressive again and left before Marte caught the ball. By the time he got back, it was too late to go again.

didnt realize that is what happened, I was watching on mute while on the phone for work

Agreed. That was my original sentiment on the last page...Weeks didn't drive the ball deep enough and Davis just flat out panicked and didn't know what to do. He's still learning.

seriously?

He's on 3rd. The only way he doesn't score is if he trips. No excuse whatsoever for failing to score. I don't care if you're a rookie. This is something that they teach you in little league. Can't believe the moron is in the majors and he can't judge fly balls properly.

Archived