Brewer Fanatic

Brewers music video: "Happy"

TooLiveBrew

I have to admit that I thought it would be pretty lame when it started but it turned out to be a pretty good video actually.

Well done is right.

I cringed when I read what the concept of the video was, & feared the worst too. Thankfully our assumption was wrong!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I too thought it'd be lame but ended up liking it...I wonder if they were waiting for a good time to release this video. If we were 2-6 right now and they released this, would we all be like "Wow, that is dumb. Shouldn't the players be focusing on winning rather than being in a lame video?" ?

The song is from Despicable Me 2, so I know my kids are going to find it great - especially with Bernie and the Racing Sausages in it

AND HANK THE ADORABLE BALLPARK PUP.

But seriously (and what could be more serious than Hank?), Brewerfan's own zachlaka is one of the dudes in yellow pants and satin retro jackets. Their group appears twice in the video, first at about :25. Zachlaka is front and center, beard, no glasses. The second appearance is toward the end, at about 2:45.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

You guys have pretty low standards. It didn't make me want to puke but I can't say it was that good.

It was fun. Silly, goofy, whatever you want to call it. Was it Oscar worthy? Of course not. But the song is fun and the concept is fun.

Brewerfan's own zachlaka is one of the dudes in yellow pants and satin retro jackets. Their group appears twice in the video, first at about :25. Zachlaka is front and center, beard, no glasses. The second appearance is toward the end, at about 2:45.

First, should I know that song? Awful.

Second, the Zach crew was right behind us waiting to park on Opening Day. We all made a few comments about their get-ups but look at them all famous (and happy) now!

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I like it. A lot. It's a bunch of fun silliness and silliness is good. I still like the song as well. We live at the end of the world and we only get 1 radio station, which doesn't play the song, so I'm not yet over saturated.

I get the feeling that Gomez probably walks around like that all the time. I love that guy.

I get the feeling that Gomez probably walks around like that all the time. I love that guy.

We watched a couple of practices at spring training and he indeed was like that all the time. My wife and I both thought he would be great when things were going well but it might be a bit much during bad times.

It will get overused, but it was still well done. Loved the shots of regular brewer staff and fans. Even saw my ticket guy. Gomie steals it for me, he is very cool, but in a nicer way than Tony Plush. Plush was an act, Gomie seems like a just guy having great fun

As hawing said yes I am in the video with my group of Friends. It turns out a couple of my Friends have had these satin jackets for years now and so I bought one off eBay for my Friend and then found one for me and another Friend and then over the past year bought just about every one that went on eBay and was not over $50.

I even found a XXL which for the 80's is a rare size to see. The pants came from a seller on eBay and are cheap knock off brand from china they are fairly cheap pants but work well.

As for the video just like when you get your photo taken by staff before and during the game a camera man and lady came up to us as we tailgated asking if we wanted to be in this video for the Brewers that would air during games.

We said yes of course and shot a few different scenes one of us dancing and then this one they used of us snapping our hands walking towards the camera. they then found us again in the stands 416 during the 7th or 8th inning and filmed us again with the black singer as well.

Not sure who he was. I was in the bathroom for that part.

But like Hawing said I am the bearded man without glasses front and center in the first shot at 25 seconds in.

Watched it a few times but did not see Happy Youngster maybe I missed it though.

Overall I thought when they first asked us if we wanted to be in the video it would be cheesy and dumb but this was actually pretty good and I really liked it and it does make me happy especially with the wide range of people they used in it from my group to other random fans to team staff to workers at MP to even Hank and Braun!

So far I have heard this was shown tonight between the 3rd and 4th innings at MP it made channel 15 here in Madison and was linked to a few sports sites like SI and Fox Sports!!

We got a lot of different looks on our look Opening Day. Most were drunk people that just thought were looked stunning and were really impressed with us but a few like you could not believe we would even be seen wearing what we where outside in public lol!!

I take it you where in the white van in front of us my car was the lime darker green Element??

Wonder how many people now will recognize me or my Friends at Brewer games now if wear the same satin jacket and yellow pants :laughing :laughing

Also BTW the two flags in the background of this shot are mine the top one is from the second Bush Stadium taht was torn down in 2005 and the pennant one was supposedly flown at County Stadium!!

http://i61.tinypic.com/14iorkp.jpg

Archived