Brewer Fanatic

2014-04-09 Brewers (Garza) at Phillies (Hernandez), 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 9-4]

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Back to back games with a 6 and 5 run lead and we still can't get Wang in? If he gets in big trouble, you can still bring in KRod. When are you going to pitch him if you're not comfortable here? And by the time he does get in, it's going to be well over a week without appearing in a live game...I'm sure he'll be real sharp. Come on Ron.

Back to back games with a 6 and 5 run lead and we still can't get Wang in? If he gets in big trouble, you can still bring in KRod. When are you going to pitch him if you're not comfortable here? And by the time he does get in, it's going to be well over a week without appearing in a live game...I'm sure he'll be real sharp. Come on Ron.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YrBGYQaRj-k/ULUb75P9-II/AAAAAAAARdE/yqyJnfmL8uE/s1600/it-s-like-deja-vu-all-over-again-yogi-berra_design.png

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Has Roenicke made any statements about when he is going to use Wang? Like only in losing blowout situations? Is he possibly injured? I don't understand why he hasn't appeared in a single game thus far.

His pregame quote.

“In games that we win, we need Henderson to be part of that,” said Roenicke. “I’m glad I brought Henderson in. We’ll get Wang in there.”

First base concerns? What first base concerns? Lyle gives one a ride, only to have a triple, er a double, taken away. Reynolds comes up, learns from Lyle's mistake, and decides to just hit it out.

Lyle is still hitting .071, which isn't really surprising, and IMO shouldn't have any role on this team except to PH and an occasional day for Reynolds. Well I don't think he should have a role on this team at ALL, but seeing as he does, I don't think it should be any more extensive than that.

Oh, I know. But for one night, I wanted to feel good about our first base situation.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Henderson not looking nearly as good tonight Couple MPH slower and much less in command. Walking a guy with a 5 run lead is not good. Get KRod up and in the game with one more base runner.

Good thing we didn't put in Wang.

Has Roenicke made any statements about when he is going to use Wang? Like only in losing blowout situations? Is he possibly injured? I don't understand why he hasn't appeared in a single game thus far.

His pregame quote.

“In games that we win, we need Henderson to be part of that,” said Roenicke. “I’m glad I brought Henderson in. We’ll get Wang in there.”

Apparently just blowout LOSSES then. Shameful.

Apparently, Roenicke is only going to use his Wang in a tight spot.

Or

Roenicke is saving his Wang for hairy situations.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Not that we're not going to experience blowout losses (or super huge leads), but those type of games will hopefully be few and far between (at least when we're losing)...even bad teams don't get just destroyed on a regular basis.

I know we want Henderson back (though messing with our bullpen now seems silly as they've been dominating), but at the same time, we can't just play with 24 guys all the time. Not to mention you did this exact same thing yesterday.

Despite all that...I LIKE WINNING!!!

Hello, win column! 6-2, nice!

Apparently, Roenicke is only going to use his Wang in a tight spot.

Or

Roenicke is saving his Wang for hairy situations.

Everybody Wang pun tonight.

Ok, at this point we are just wasting a roster spot with Wang. I understand we have to keep him all year to keep him but this is getting ridiculous.

So we are wasting a total of 3 roster spots then?

Weeks

Overbay

Wang

That is some great roster management right there.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Turbo... it is odd we really only have 22 useful players on the roster. Three at the bottom not contributing for various reasons is very strange.

I don't worry about Wang. It is not of his making.

Weeks (my comeback player of the year, should likely be released)

Overbay (is his D that good?) should be released once Morris has a .900+ OPS after a month.

But... maybe you don't mess with the chemistry? My preference would be for Overbay and Weeks to each have a three hit game and Wang to pitch (sometime, someplace, in the Crew uniform)

Archived