Brewer Fanatic

Other teams' fans' perspective on the Brewers

RobDeer 45
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pittsburgh fans boo braun every game, even before the whole biogenesis thing. there is also a pretty decent size faction of steelers fans who hate Ben, not a majority, but they're pretty vocal.

Because of the rape allegations? The way he plays? The fact that he is MASSIVELY overrated?

all of the above. what they want is someone to just hand off the ball to a Jerome Bettis replica.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I think Gomez and Maldanado are now public enemy number 1 in pittsburgh now

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Pittsburgh's television crew has high respect for Brewers. Forget which one it was, maybe Blass, but their general consensus is that Pirates got a reprieve last year with all Brewer's injuries and suspensions and that every other team in the division knew the Brewers were contenders going in unlike most of the rest of baseball. Blass tried to uplift his audience with the mention that Brewers rotation lacked depth should there be an injury. Of course outside of Milwaukee, nobody knows Nelson, nor is paying attention to Fiers back in form, or realize that Thornburg is a starter in waiting as could Smith once Gorzellany is healthy.

On an unrelated note, brewers fans are trying to relate volquez’s and braun’s PED suspensions. They are calling Pirates fans hypocrites because we support volquez and boo Braun. Two completely different situations. Volquez used it for his injury, and admitted that he used PEDs, and Braun used PEDs to cheat, and originally lied about using them.

Found this on a Pirates forum talking about yesterday. What I thought was interesting was Volquez got caught using a fertility drug, the same way Manny Ramirez did, it had nothing to do with injury. These types of drugs are typically used to restart testosterone production after coming off a steroids cycle. Braun on the other hand, seems to have actually used PEDs to come back from injury.

We all see what we want to see.

On an unrelated note, brewers fans are trying to relate volquez’s and braun’s PED suspensions. They are calling Pirates fans hypocrites because we support volquez and boo Braun. Two completely different situations. Volquez used it for his injury, and admitted that he used PEDs, and Braun used PEDs to cheat, and originally lied about using them.

Found this on a Pirates forum talking about yesterday. What I thought was interesting was Volquez got caught using a fertility drug, the same way Manny Ramirez did, it had nothing to do with injury. These types of drugs are typically used to restart testosterone production after coming off a steroids cycle. Braun on the other hand, seems to have actually used PEDs to come back from injury.

We all see what we want to see.

Ain't that the truth....

I read that on BucsDugout as well. That whole entire comment thread is pure gold.

Archived