Brewer Fanatic

2014-04-06 Brewers (Gallardo) at Red Sox (Lester), 12:35 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-0]

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I could just be buying into the offseason hype, but it looks like Luc is doing a really nice job framing up the pitch on (or off) the very outside edge of the plate, particularly to right-handed hitters. Yo seems to have gotten a couple strikes that Lester hasn't.

Wasn't bad either considering they couldn't figure out bunt coverage earlier in the game. No harm in that at all in my opinion. Make the 3b make a play.

Gomez just hit it too hard. Good idea though. Most 3B would panic in that situation and try to rush the throw.

I'm trying to remember the last time Gomez bunted for a hit. It's not the strongest part of his game. But I'm listening and can't see where the 3d baseman is playing.

Wasn't bad either considering they couldn't figure out bunt coverage earlier in the game. No harm in that at all in my opinion. Make the 3b make a play.

Gomez just hit it too hard. Good idea though. Most 3B would panic in that situation and try to rush the throw.

I'm trying to remember the last time Gomez bunted for a hit. It's not the strongest part of his game. But I'm listening and can't see where the 3d baseman is playing.

I remember Gomez trying to bunt frequently, but I don't remember him being successful at it. He should work on it. With his speed, bunting could be a valuable addition to his arsenal.

Community Moderator
Don't want to jinx this one, but the Red Sox were never swept last season. It will be a nice early season accomplishment if the bullpen can hold on over the final 2 innings.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Gomez is a horrible bunter because he starts running to first before he gets the bunt down. He had 6 bunt hits last season

You can tell he's thinking about running to first the entire at-bat. I don't think Gomez is a cerebral ballplayer. He's more of a ''just do it'' kind of player.

Archived