Brewer Fanatic

2014-04-04 Brewers (Estrada) at Red Sox (Peavy), 1:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-2, after 9th inning 4-spot]

he made up for that error with that double play though

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Runners on 1st and 2nd with nobody out. Schafer can't get a bunt down and fouls out, Davis swings at ball four flies out to left and Gennett takes a bad hack at the first pitch and dribbles it back to the pitcher. Narron has his boys in mid-season form.

I don't understand how Gennett is viewed as a possible full time 2b. He just doesn't impress me at all.

Gennett is Joe Morgan in his prime at 2nd compared to Overbay being the regular guy at 1st.

Estrada goes 5 2/3. 102 pitches. Pitched really well when it didn't look like he had his best stuff early.

Have to like the performances the Crew is getting from its starters. Strange to feel most of the frustration on the offensive end. Save for a bad throw today and two bad pitches from Lohse (in an otherwise great performance), I can't think of anything else to gripe about on the other side of things.

Still think they pull this one out today. Big hit from Segura next inning :)

Not to break up this pity party here, but I was really impressed with Estrada showing some guts today without his best stuff. Gomez is looking even better than last year, not only is he hitting the ball hard, but he's showing some patience. They're outplaying the defending WS champs in their home opener and if you read this thread you'd think they were down 10. The clutch hits will fall in eventually.
advocates for the devil

I don't understand how anyone can look at Overbay both in ST and in the first 4 games here and think that he's worthy of playing regularily (or even having a roster spot). Reynolds isn't much better, but he needs to be playing against RHP at this point, Overbay just looks bad and overmatched at the plate - and has all spring. And pretty much all of last season.

Schafer is so overrated by Brewer fans.

He has had zero errors in 73 starts. I don't think anyone expected our 4th OF to hit 300 but continuing defensive excellence is desired. If he starts having errors repeatedly, then get on him but his first one in 73 starts. Come on

This team isn't very good. Period.

Less than 4 full games into the season and this team is already not very much fun to watch.

Wow. This board needs relax. 158 to go. Jeez. Our pitching has looked great. Over the long run that will help more than some bad hitting. It gets proven time and time again - See Oakland

Schafer is so overrated by Brewer fans.

He has had zero errors in 73 starts. I don't think anyone expected our 4th OF to hit 300 but continuing defensive excellence is desired. If he starts having errors repeatedly, then get on him but his first one in 73 starts. Come on

Not to mention this error really wasn't bad. The throw was right on line to third base, it just happened to hit the runner and bounced away. It wasn't high or way off line. Debatable if he should have made the throw (I think he should have and he could have had him). He's not a great hitter, but he's a 4th outfielder that plays above average defense. Hard to complain too much.

Not to break up this pity party here, but I was really impressed with Estrada showing some guts today without his best stuff. Gomez is looking even better than last year, not only is he hitting the ball hard, but he's showing some patience. They're outplaying the defending WS champs in their home opener and if you read this thread you'd think they were down 10. The clutch hits will fall in eventually.

I find it hard to believe they're outplaying Boston right now. For the lack of situational hitting the Brewers have right now, the Red Sox aren't that bad today. Marco threw well, Luc and Gomez are having good days at the plate, other than that, this isn't very good. You're not going to win many games when your lineup is 5 strong. Our 6-8 hitters, 9 with the DH, haven't done anything to get anyone excited.

Not saying this is 2011 by any means, but I thought I would go back to game four of 2011 and mine some gold (names redacted).

Is it time for a closed door team only meeting already?

This team can't win for the life of it.

The Brewers would have to play .570 baseball the rest of the way to get to 90 wins. Just keep digging that hole, boys -- terrible.

All kidding aside, I fear for the team morale.

Point being, it's only game four people.

Archived