Brewer Fanatic

I Need a Sitcom

RobDeer 45

So I've lost The Office, How I Met Your Mother, and Two and a Half Men (once Sheen Left) in the last few years. I've struggled to latch on to any other sitcoms. I think I'm going to try giving Friends with Better Lives a shot, but not sure what I think about it. I know I enjoy 30 Rock, but never really watched it that much. I watched Parks and Rec a few times early but then just lost track of it. I watch Workaholics right now, I don't even know what you call that, but it does make me laugh, even though it can be pretty terrible.

Any advice or favorites, let me know.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Modern Family, Brooklyn Nine-Nine is pretty darn good, Parks 'n Rec, Community.

If you want to go old school/Netflix.... the entire run of Cheers is on there, and is amazing.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I second Modern Family, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Parks n Rec (every season after the first is great!)

I really enjoy New Girl, too

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I was wondering about Brooklyn 99, but was thinking it would be a little out there. I will give it a shot. I really do think I need to do Parks and Rec and Modern Family. I will get on those on Amazon.

Baldkin!!! I had actually started typing my two other favorite shows in my initial post, to help people get a better idea of what I'm in to. It was Cheers and Seinfeld! I love Cheers. I actually watched the first 4 seasons a year or two ago. It is just a perfect show and brings back good memories of watching that as a kid.

The Goldbergs is really good! I watched the first few episodes of Brooklyn 99 but it lost my interest, that was disappointing because it got a lot of hype, but it just didn't hold my attention.
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Big Bang is great

I'm starting to like Sirens on USA, it really makes me laugh.....

New Girl has its moments. but the over the top crazy is getting me bored with it

I miss Scrubs...

I'm sure there's a re-run of Gilligan's Island on somewhere....

You knew me as Myday2001.

Don't know if you have HBO (I don't) but they're coming out with a series soon called "Silicon Valley" and it sounds like an Office Space/ The Office type of show.

Modern Family, The Middle, and Parks & Rec are the only comedies I watch.

If you have Netflix, Better off Ted. It's only 2 seasons, but it was hilarious.

Better off Ted was a fantastic show. It's a shame it was called off after only 2 seasons.

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

When we had cable, the Big Bang Theory was on like every night for two hours. I couldn't stand it. Blah.

Curb Your Enthusiasm, The League, Seinfeld, Cosby Show, Louie, Lucky Louie, Party Down, Freaks and Geeks, Flight of the Concords, Eastbound and Down, and Arrested Development are all great and highly recommended. Especially Curb, Concords and Eastbound and Down if you liked Seinfeld and have HBO.

Brewer Fanatic Staff
The Goldbergs is really good!

We laugh out loud every episode. You don't have to be a child of the 80's, like me, to enjoy.

If you decide to do an "On Demand" thing, don't give up after the first episode, which was only "OK". So glad we stuck with it from Episode Two and beyond.

When we had cable, the Big Bang Theory was on like every night for two hours. I couldn't stand it. Blah.

Curb Your Enthusiasm, The League, Seinfeld, Cosby Show, Louie, Lucky Louie, Party Down, Freaks and Geeks, Flight of the Concords, Eastbound and Down, and Arrested Development are all great and highly recommended. Especially Curb, Concords and Eastbound and Down if you liked Seinfeld and have HBO.

That reminds me, I want to re-watch Curb again from the beginning. It's been a long time since I've seen the first 3 seasons. Not everybody's cup of tea (my wife doesn't like it) but it's right down my humnor alley.

Agree with you on Big Bang, I know so many people who love that show, and I just don't think it's funny at all. Louie is finally coming out with a new season in May. It's not near as good as his stand-up, but funny enough to watch.

I think Big Bang Theory has gotten better over time; just don't watch TBS because they beat that show to death. It is still entertaining if you stick to the new episodes.

I used to love Parks and Rec but it lost me late last season.

I personally think 2 Broke Girls is hilarious; but perhaps I am in the minority there.

I think Parks and Rec is one of the most consistent shows on TV. Funny and well-written enough to deliver some great (and even insightful moments).

I'll second Party Down as a fun show as well. Another one that was only two seasons, but there were some great moments. Extremely well-acted.

I guess this is an Adam Scott approved post.

Parks and Rec is starting to slip for me, though i still watch it. where they used to have a lot of character development and an episode-to-episode storyline, a lot of episodes now feel like filler. plus most of the characters have really reached the end of their development. all that's left is for Amy Poehler to run for State Senate.

the League is a great show, though hard to find. and you'd like Always Sunny in Philadelphia if you had liked Workaholics.\

two good travel/adventure/survival shows are Dangerous Grounds and Dude, You're Screwed.

you can still catch re-runs of Anthony Bourdain's show No Reservations, which is another good travel show.

There is not too much more to recommend. I will say that if you catch an episode of Larry Sanders on VH1 every once and a while it's like warm cup of soup.

Also, if you gave up on Community, give a new episode a view since Dan Harmon came back.

I DVR "Mom" and "Trophy Wife"

Both are pretty funny, and are worth watching in my opinion.

I actually think 2 1/2 Men is still a good sitcom if you like 30 minutes of raunchy humor. I was skeptical when Sheen left, and th show is a little different without him, but still very watchable. Makes me laugh every single week.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I'm pleased to see COMMUNITY returning to a really solid level. In many ways, I think Harmon's time away was good for perspective of the show. It's still sometimes more clever than funny, but when it hits there are some legitimately great episodes in its run.

I've been meaning to catch up on SPACED via DVD one of these days. What I've seen I liked a lot.

I don't stream Netflix, but I see ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT Season 4 is due out on DVD in June.

Also, HBO has made available the pilot to SILICON VALLEY for free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvkmsI54ss4

Archived