Brewer Fanatic

Gold Uniforms

I like them, I actually bought a lucroy one this season. They are different. The blue alternates were pretty cool when they were first introduced as a change between just grey and white.

Half the league had blue jerseys and there was nothing special about them.

I think its much cooler for teams to wear their secondary color on Sundays. Baltimore and SF wear orange, Seattle wears the green etc. It makes the brewers stand out between everyone else.

I understand that you wouldn't want them to be worn all of the time but I'm OK with Sunday home games.

I think the minute the brewers had a design a jersey contest there was a sign that a uniform / jersey change was imminent. It gives the front office an idea of what the fans want. I hope that the new uniforms are not gold based, but have a gold accent. I would prefer that to "1982 yellow"

I think the minute the brewers had a design a jersey contest there was a sign that a uniform / jersey change was imminent. It gives the front office an idea of what the fans want. I hope that the new uniforms are not gold based, but have a gold accent. I would prefer that to "1982 yellow"

It has been discussed at great length already but any change of the Brewers logo that doesn't end with the Brewers going back to ball and glove would be foolish. The ball and glove is beloved in Wisconsin and around the country as one of the most clever and well thought of logos in history, not just sports. If the Brewers are to do a re-design, it would be smart to go back to this logo and look.

However, I don't think that a full re-design is what would be in store. I think we could see some subtle changes to the current uniform set as I mentioned earlier in the thread (removing times new roman font). What I really would anticipate if a change was to come is the M and barley remaining the logo, with the jerseys receiving a tweak. Similar to what the Nationals did a few years back with their re-design of the jersey, with the curly W remaining. I could see the home uniform changing to have the M with barley over the heart similar to what the Yankees or Nationals do, with either the current Milwaukee script on the road grays or a more simple Milwaukee arched on them.

Either way, I would welcome the changes I mentioned.

Anything is better than the Navy jerseys. I'm sick of them. I like the basic home white and gray road jerseys, but the Gold is surely my favorite one that they currently wear.
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived