Brewer Fanatic

Braun April Fools and the classiness of Cardinal fans

So, I came across this http://reviewingthebrew.com/2014/04/01/ryan-braun-traded-cardinals/ on Facebook and shared it. I have plenty of college friends who are Cardinal fans, and this is the response I get from one of them.

Friend: " LOL! It's just plain foolish that he is still on any baseball team!"

My response: "Are you talking about Jhonny Peralta?"

Friend: "No. I am talking about Braun. The way that Peralta went about his punishment would have served as a classy model for how Braun should have embraced his punishment."

Well there ya go! Cardinals fans.....always classy and can't take a joke since.......forever.

I love how they excuse Peralta because he admitted his mistake but somehow forget Braun did the same under the same circumstances. I wonder what Peralta would have done if he thought he had a legitimate appeal case that was to be heard confidentially. WE won't know because he passed his test (or wasn't tested during the dirty time) while cheating. Though one would think if Peralta was really sorry for what he did instead of sorry for getting caught he would have turned himself in at the very beginning of the case. I'm not willing to give him any more credit for accepting his penalty only after finding out there was a huge pile of evidence against him than they are Braun. I may not be classy but I also am not hypocritical.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Matt Adams pushes Reds fan. Reds fan flips him off.

Adams dove into the stands at Great American Ball Park to try to snatch Chris Heisey’s pop-up, but Reds fan Chris Smith beat him to it.

The 25-year-old first baseman then lightly pushed Smith with his glove out of frustration.

Smith, who is recovering from knee surgery, responded to the shove with a satisfied smile and a middle finger salute.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/cardinals-first-baseman-matt-adams-pushes-fan-who-steals-foul-ball-pop-up-040414?cmpid=msn%3Afoxsports%3Aansfox11

Am I making a bigger deal out of this than it is because I hate the Cardinals? Yes. But it is still fun to see.

I was able to find video of the flippage this morning but I can't now. It's good fun if you can find it.

I love how they excuse Peralta because he admitted his mistake but somehow forget Braun did the same under the same circumstances. I wonder what Peralta would have done if he thought he had a legitimate appeal case that was to be heard confidentially. WE won't know because he passed his test (or wasn't tested during the dirty time) while cheating. Though one would think if Peralta was really sorry for what he did instead of sorry for getting caught he would have turned himself in at the very beginning of the case. I'm not willing to give him any more credit for accepting his penalty only after finding out there was a huge pile of evidence against him than they are Braun. I may not be classy but I also am not hypocritical.

or Peralta won an appeal which we never heard about. He was never put on the spot about a possible suspension or winning an appeal.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Peralta did not admit his mistake until he had no choice. When his name first came up in connection with Biogenesis, he said that "anyone who says I took PEDs is lying".
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I was able to find video of the flippage this morning but I can't now. It's good fun if you can find it.

There are a few versions currently on YouTube.

Here's one

Is there any official Cardinal Spin on this yet?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Is there some sort of class these players have to take that teaches them to be d bags and hypocrites? It seems like every one they promote acts exactly like the rest. I know the fans excuse for their actions is that they are completely uneducated and racist trash (not all, but most). It's like watching the cowboys in the mid 90's except at least they were honest about being trashy and only cared about winning. Is there a cardinals hate site for all other fans in baseball to talk about how much they hate them?
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
How will Chris Carpenter.....you know the rest.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I know it wasn't a huge shove or anything but a player should NEVER touch a fan in the stands anymore than a fan should touch a player on the field. Frankly I think he should be fined. Not much but enough to let everyone know the player was really in the wrong.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Friend: "No. I am talking about Braun. The way that Peralta went about his punishment would have served as a classy model for how Braun should have embraced his punishment."

Another classy Cardinal is McGwire, who denied taking steroids right up until he admitted it. Tell me Classy Friend, if Braun shouldn't be in baseball, why is McGwire?

Cardinal fans should be quiet about steroids, given LaRussa managed the A's when they were the shot in the butt that started widespread PED use in MLB. He had to know and possibly condone what was going on. He was pretty darn quick to bring Big Mac and the steroid culture to Cardinal Nation.

Another classy Cardinal is McGwire, who denied staking steroids right up until he admitted it. Tell me Classy Friend, if Braun shouldn't be in baseball, why is McGwire?

Cardinal fans should be quiet about steroids, given LaRussa managed the A's when they were the shot in the butt that started widespread PED use in MLB. He had to know and possibly condone what was going on. He was pretty darn quick to bring Big Mac and the steroid culture to Cardinal Nation.

I hear ya. Totally taken aback by the whole "Braun should be out of baseball because he denied it" thing.

Archived