Brewer Fanatic

Chorizo

T B0NE 10

Theres not a ton of choices, you can have it in a bun or on a tortilla, with or without pico de gallo. The sales people call it salsa, but theres a difference between pico and salsa.

I tried it both ways (always with pico), and its outstanding either way. I get mine from the stand on the main concourse, down the 3rd base line, just outside of the brewers gift shop.

The only disappointment i've had with the chorizo was on dollar hot dog weekend, they didnt sell chorizos and only sold dollar dogs from the chorizo stand. It was cinco de mayo that day and you couldnt get a chorizo.

i think i am going to break down and finally have one. I have been tempted all season. I attempted to make one at home and i think i overcooked it and it tasted like taco meat in casing. is thats how it is supposed to taste?

the chorizo does taste a bit like taco meat, i suppose due to the seasonings. I bought some klements chorizos at the grocery store this weekend and threw them on the grill, then topped them with el ray pico de gallo. Just as good as miller parks, though the ones from the store were a bit spicier than miller parks. Good either way.....i'm sold on them.

Klements' chorizo doesn't even taste like traditional South American chorizo to me. I don't even like it. It tastes like a plain, unseasoned sausage with 10% chorizo mixed in. However, I was a South American-style chorizo fan before Klements embraced it and mixed it in to the sausage races, and tried to make it mainstream/marketable to Americans, so I guess that would qualify me as a "chorizo-snob".

I believe the correct term for the sausage eating feat is 'eating for the cycle.' i believe this phrase was coined before chorizo joined the group, so i think you can eat for the cycle without indulging in a chorizo. given that it is absolutely delicious, i highly recommend tossing the '5th wheel' into the equation. i have to say, eating for the cycle at miller park is one of my prouder accomplishments as a native wisconsinite.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Archived