Brewer Fanatic

Chorizo

T B0NE 10
OK I went to the Brewer game Friday night and I wanted to eat the whole sausage lineup. So I have the Brat, Polish, Italian, and the Hot Dog...But there is no Chorizo! I went around asking and nobody working at the concessions even heard of it! Come on I was looking forward to trying a Chorizo and the fact that it is in the sausage race should mean they should have it for sale! I mean its even the Chorizo week too isnt it?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

It's only at specific stands, like on the third base concourse in a portable stand. There you can also get your brats dipped in hot secret sauce with hot sauerkraut. The only place to go.

Chorizo's are fricking good, too. They will make it in a tortilla with fresh pico de gallo. Yum.

I love chorizo's. They taste terrific and you can eat them in may different ways (beside how you would eat a brat). Queso Fundido con Chorizo is a wonderful example.

Anyways, one time while I was at the grocery store, I saw uncooked Chorizos. They were packaged just like you would find normal Klements or Johnnsonville brats ..on the foam tray with the plastic wrap. Now, the only Chorizos I can find are the precooked ones that come packaged like hot dogs. Has anyone else been experiencing a similar issue?

i would assume that you would have a better chance finding them at a store on the south side.

i would assume the el rey stores have a selection of them...and probably more authentic than the klement's variety.

also the south side pick and save's (27th / holt / national) all have a much larger selection of hispanic foods than others in the milwaukee area.

I can confirm again that the Chorizo exists main level, 3rd base side, more or less catty-corner from that souvenier stand.

As for special foods, I had no idea that they sell full blown Chicago dogs at the 3rd base Grill. Hot diggity. Chicago dogs are the best things to come out of Chicago aside form my Dad and family.

I actually work selling Chorizo's at Miller Park.

You can find them at Gorman's grill near right field bleachers, and at the Brat Express Cart near Friday's on Field Level.

There are two Brat Express Carts on the Loge Level.

And I know some of the concession stand on Terrance Level sell them but I'm not which ones.

Hope this helps.

I'd rather eat day old hot dogs than suck down a chorizo. The combination of spices on those things just doesn't do it for me. Last tail gate I went for it all and had a hot dog, brat, italian, polish, and a chorizo (btw there should be some kind of sweet name for doing this). Maybe it was the fact that I had just eaten 4 sausages before it, but I just didn't like to chorizo.

But anyways... happy chorizo bobblehead day!

Last tail gate I went for it all and had a hot dog, brat, italian, polish, and a chorizo (btw there should be some kind of sweet name for doing this).

Eating like a pig?:)

Seriously, sampling the Klement's menu? Downing the menu board? Doing the sausage marathon?

This somehow reminds me of my 5 years as a pizza guy (pause to marvel at that statement), and the hilarity many callers at 2AM would feel when they uttered the words, "I'd like a 12 inch (or 14 inch) sausage".

It was quite a feat getting an address out of them at that point, as the giggles would ensue.

the sausage sombrero perhaps? the golden sombrero is 4 k's right? oh well this is 5.

a bunch of my friends and i all tried it... and i am probably the smallest eater out of the bunch. it wasn't pretty... but i was committed.

being a pizzia guy i would think is the most harrassed profession... people have been pranking them endlessly forever

ha Beast light I like "eating for the cycle"... thats good stuff. thats definitely what i'll refer to it as.

the klements sampler would require one to buy all klements, and i think our hot dogs were some kind of "fun dogs" or something to that effect. i'll keep it in mind though if theres ever a round 2.

Did Chorizo win the race today on Cerveceros Day? I figure this is probably covered in the IGT but thought this would be an appropriate thread for discussion. I haven't been to a game in a while so I can't say for sure, but I'm under the impression that the rookie's racing performance thus far hasn't been cutting the mustard thus far.

If you're my S.O., who was rooting for the Chorizo in today's race...the Chorizo was robbed. Robbed! by the Polish. He's got to remember that the kid relay component in the Sunday races is the wild card, and you really need to look at the mini sausage racers before you pick your team.

Anyway. The Chorizo is sold on the Terrace Level, at the concession stand next to the Kids Fan Zone. I had one today, just to try it, and while I think I prefer a brat (when I'm in the mood for seasoned sausage to begin with), it was just fine.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived