Brewer Fanatic

2014 Brewers Optimism Thread

torts
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Saw this on ESPN. 70% of the teams that are in first place at the all star break make the playoffs. 60% of the teams that are in first place at the all star break win their division. 20% of the teams that are in first place at the all star break make it to the world series.

I need to check my media guide, but I believe historically, August is the Brewer's best month record wise.

I don't know about the Brewers in general, but a customary big second half from A-Ram should help. He's maybe the most notorious second-half player in baseball (as in, he has huge first-half/second-half splits), so him heating up plus Braun rebounding could be huge.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.cgi?id=ramirar01&year=Career&t=b

I wondered if there was some selective perception going on here, so I went and looked at the numbers.

.812 OPS in the first half in his career, and .883 OPS in the 2nd half. That's a pretty significant split to carry for a 17 year career. June, July, and August pretty heavily outdistance what he does in other months by a fair margin, so to be completely fair, it's not actually a complete "right down the middle" first half/second half split, but more of a summer months breakout. Either way you slice it, Rami has been hitting better since he came off the DL, and Braun has been hitting well again lately (albeit without much homerun power)

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was rather relieved to see them play well yesterday. Sooner or later they would have snapped the skid. I too hope this is just the beginning and they will bounce back and play like this most of the time after the All Star Break.

HERE WE GO! 3 AGAINST THE REDS AT HOME! 3 AGAINST THE METS AT HOME! 3 AGAINST TAMPA BAY IN TAMPA! END THE MONTH ON A POSITIVE NOTE!! I BELIEVE IN THIS TEAM!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

we need to be happy because our team wins games not because another team loses.

you can be happy in both instances! dont rain on another mans parade!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

THATS 3 MORE WINS AGAINST THE NL CENTRAL! BRING ON THOSE METS! 4-2 SINCE THE BREAK!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

A nice 3-1 against the Mets will do!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

A nice 3-1 against the Mets will do!
I should say so as the Mets are no pushover. Good starters. But they can't match up with the Brewer lineup. If you can get past Gee tonight you've got a good shot.

The Pirates play the Rockies @ Coors and on paper are the much better team. Good chance they also go 3-1 to keep things very interesting.

The Cards? The smoke and mirrors act is over. And with the Rays getting back in the AL East race the odds of a Price acquisition by ANY team before the end of the season is doubtful. (Price won't be a free agent 'till the 2016 season)

The Reds and Cards are now in the same position of trying to play .500 ball 'till the troops return. I would say that even a wild card spot is extremely unlikely. How can they keep up with LA, SF, Pittsburgh, Atlanta and the Nats for a full month? They can't.

Glad the sky is not falling anymore. Keep the pedal down vs the Mets. After them we enter a 1 month stretch where the only team we play that doesn't have a shot at the playoffs is the 4 gamer at Chicago.

Best record in the NL. 2nd biggest division lead in baseball. Suddenly, things don't seem so bad.

teams go through slumps all the time. brewers have been due for a nice little hot streak. baseball season is really long and full of several ups and downs. don't be surprised if two or three weeks from now we go on another cold spell and then get hot again. that's baseball for you. hopefully we build a big enough lead in the division before the next cold streak hits.

Glad the sky is not falling anymore. Keep the pedal down vs the Mets. After them we enter a 1 month stretch where the only team we play that doesn't have a shot at the playoffs is the 4 gamer at Chicago.

The stretch run of this season is going to be absolutely brutal. The Brewers will truly have earned whatever accolades they're able to accomplish this season. August & September are both pretty tough, schedule-wise. And I'm looking forward to every inning & every game!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

ONE DAY AT A TIME! NO NEED TO WORRY ABOUT THE FUTURE, WIN TODAY AND DEAL WITH TOMORROW, TOMORROW! I GOTTA FEELING THAT TONIGHTS GOING TO BE A GOOD TIME! BOOYAHHHHHHHH!!1

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

2 game lead on the division on Aug 1st.

We are heading into a weekend series vs the Cards.

Brewers starters have been amazing this year. Keep it going!

Brewers hitters had a pretty forgettable July. Let's flip the page to August!

Go Brewers!

sometimes all players need is the flip from 31 to 1 to wake up! I BREWLIEVE!!!!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

hey guys, we lost but are still in first place! HOW ABOUT THEM APPLES!!!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really getting annoyed with this team. I mean seriously, 20-7 to begin the season and here we sit 94 games later and rather than improve on our 13games ahead of .500...We've lost 2 games and sit 11games above .500. The Cubs in the same span have only lost 6more games than the Brewers in 94games.

For Crying out loud! Get Hott! Win 15 of 20 and propel yourselves to 20+games above .500. The Pitching has been FANTASTIC for this team not to get on hott streaks of Ws. But We continue to provide them with under 4runs of run support Over and Over. We are 20-25 in the last 45 games and the Pitching Staff has held the opponents to 4runs or less in 19 of those games where the winning team scored 4runs or less. We're 7-12 in those games.

3-7 in the games the winning team scored 3runs or less. With our offense we should be on the opposite end 7-3 in that outcome not the other way around.

Well, that wasn't very optimisitc. Here's one to get the optimism thread back on track. Every time someone has caught them in the standings, they seem to win 5 of 6 or something like that to extend the lead back to to 3 1/2 games. Sure, it would be nice to pull away and never look back. But this team isn't good enough to do that, especially with the schedule they have. I'll take 1st place on 8/14.

get out of here with your negative post Brewcrewdue80, you can post that in literally any other thread BUT this one. OPTIMISM ONLY BAYBEYEEEEEEE

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Archived