Brewer Fanatic

2014 Brewers Optimism Thread

torts
This week has sucked hard, but there are better times ahead.

Does anyone really believe we'll play better after the ASB than we did before the ASB? We'll play sub .500 ish, we'll fade into oblivion, the Packers season will start.

I'm optimistic about the Packers season!

you are in the wrong thread

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This week has sucked hard, but there are better times ahead.

Does anyone really believe we'll play better after the ASB than we did before the ASB? We'll play sub .500 ish, we'll fade into oblivion, the Packers season will start.

I'm optimistic about the Packers season!

you are in the wrong threadforum

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I

I BELIEVE

I BELIEVE THAT

I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Verified Member
I

I BELIEVE

I BELIEVE THAT

http://qph.is.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-6b8ef4718a4a08ba19f338bc9602e787

Bump...was just in the in-game thread and was basically told to leave if I was going to attempt to be optimistic. The Brewers are in first on July 11th people!! Not many times in Brewer history that you can say that. Get off the ledge people!

Really hard to be positive at 1-10. How many World Series winners had a 1-10 stretch?

I don't know about winning the world series but a team can turn it around after a bad stretch In 2009 the Rays had a bad streak of 3-13 and bounced back with a record of 12-7 afterwards. However, but that losing streak was in September. In 2010 the Padres lost 10 in a row to the Giants but they too did this late in the season. Didn't those blasted Cards lose 7 in a row last year? We still have time to turn it around.

Over the past 30 years, roughly 11 percent of teams that suffered a double-digit losing streak in a single season finished that season with a winning record. About 1 percent reached the postseason. We haven't lost 10 in a row - yet. :(

2x in 2006 St. Louis lost 8 games in a row and they still won the World Series.

Being so many games above .500 is great because when you go on these types of skids you're still sitting okay.

At least it's happening now and not in September. Still plenty of time to recover. Plus, what are the chances that once they get this turned around(hopefully soon), that it'd happen again this season. The odds say that they'd be in for a bad stretch, maybe not to this extreme, but that there would be a stretch of bad ball. Better to get it over with now.

The true character of this Brewer team will show in the second half, right after the start of the All Star game. After they've had some time to step away, and put this losing spell behind them, we'll see what they are made of. Will they grab control and right the ship? Or will they continue as they have been?

I'm betting they will get back on track. The Cardinals and Reds both are missing a key player (Molina and Phillips) to start the second half, and I think we will take advantage and start out strong.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

The Brewers weren't as good as their 20-7 start, and they're not as bad as 1-11 in their last 12. Plenty of time to turn this around. It would be nice to win today and go into the ASB off of a strong performance, but either way the break comes at a good time.

guys, if they win today they'll still be in first place! ONE DAY AT A TIME!

WWCTD? Probably give a great inspirational speech

"Give all of us gathered here tonight the strength to remember that life is so very fragile. We are all vulnerable, and we will all, at some point in our lives... fall. We will all fall. We must carry this in our hearts... that what we have is special. That it can be taken from us, and when it is taken from us, we will be tested. We will be tested to our very souls. We will now all be tested. It is these times, it is this pain, that allows us to look inside ourselves."

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

I really hope the guys can pull themselves up by their cleatstraps and gut out a win today if only for their collective psyche.
Agree on that one. With the possible exception of the A's, every team wants to win the last game before the ASB. I don't know or care which replacement arm goes for the Cards today, but it's safe to say that whomever it is, he will be scored on. Heavily.

Jeremy Jeffress

14 pitches 11 strikes 1 IP 1 H 0 ER

ERA 1.59

Henderson, Thornburg both rehabbing.

3 reasons for optimism. 3 potential late inning right handed relievers.

I am NOT among those who believe RR handles the BP poorly. I think he does well. With the potential versatility of having 4 good right handed relievers to go with Duke, Smith, and Gorz, we could really shorten games. IF/WHEN we get healthy.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

The Cards are depleted with injuries. Both on the pitching side and playing side. The healthy players they have aren't that good. They'd have to trade away a majority of their farm system to have really good players. As long as the Brewers can maintain health, get Henderson and Thornburg back and bring up Jeffress, as well as having Nelson replace Estrada and get a first baseman, things will be good.

This year when we go on our meaningless second half ruin our draft standings hot streak it wont be meaningless!

I was trying to find a way to look at second half standings for the past few years, but couldn't find a site. Anyone know where I can find that info?

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

This year when we go on our meaningless second half ruin our draft standings hot streak it wont be meaningless!

HUZZAH!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Bipolar board. Try to stay consistently optimistic like me. It's all going to work out in the end. This team is the best team in baseball and going to get much better.
Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Saw this on ESPN. 70% of the teams that are in first place at the all star break make the playoffs. 60% of the teams that are in first place at the all star break win their division. 20% of the teams that are in first place at the all star break make it to the world series.

I need to check my media guide, but I believe historically, August is the Brewer's best month record wise.

Verified Member
Saw this on ESPN. 70% of the teams that are in first place at the all star break make the playoffs. 60% of the teams that are in first place at the all star break win their division. 20% of the teams that are in first place at the all star break make it to the world series.

I need to check my media guide, but I believe historically, August is the Brewer's best month record wise.

I don't know about the Brewers in general, but a customary big second half from A-Ram should help. He's maybe the most notorious second-half player in baseball (as in, he has huge first-half/second-half splits), so him heating up plus Braun rebounding could be huge.

I think the real wild card for the second half is Segura. I have no idea (and cannot even begin to comprehend) how he's doing right now. I can only imagine that he will go one of two ways: he will either be gone for an extended amount of time to get his life and family in order or he comes back more focused on baseball than ever in order to get past the tragedy that just occurred. Both are understandable and as much as I want to win and think that he is a big part of that happening, I hope he does what's best for him.

If I were Doug and Mark I give the same speech they gave at the start of the year: "the outcome is in YOUR hands, gents". And I would pat them on the back and say "you had some ups and downs, but from start to all star break, you are indeed the FIRST PLACE TEAM; the outcome was in your hands and you are in first; the outcome is still in your hands"

It is obvious, but it was nice the management actually said it. That is, the management put together the team, but the team needs to play the games.

I have a good feeling about all this. As long as the players realise... it is just us and them (Cards, Reds, Pirates). And we believe in us.

Archived