Brewer Fanatic

2014 Brewers Optimism Thread

torts

Braun 2HRs Batting slash line at .292/.319/.600 Just needs a few more walks in there and he's right where you hope he'll be. Exhales on the thumb concerns! How tough it our 3,4,5 in the lineup? Lucroy 3 2bs yesterday! .344/.412/.541 from our Catcher! He's not just going to get named an All Star this season, Lucroy is going to get some MVP attention especially if he holds on to that batting line!

I can't stop being optimistic on this team with our top 5 for a batting lineup. I believe Davis will grow better as the season goes(a 2HR game like Braun's would be excellent to boost his confidence) I know what I'm getting with Reynolds and I'm fine with that for a 7th in the order guy. And Gennett gets closer to taking over the everyday 2b role while being productive.

13-5 .500 ball the rest of the season gets us to 85-77 and we all know how we tend to win games down the stretch playing above .500 ball. This team has 90 102wins in it!(have to add Post Season total if to win the WS)

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This week is an awesome opportunity to put 3 teams in the NL Central 10 games back of us by the end of the week. The Reds, Cubs and Pirates.
Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Its weird that Garza has easily been our worst starting pitcher so far. That is actually a good thing; he hasn't been that bad but everyone else has been terrific.

This staff should hopefully keep two pretty poor offenses on this upcoming home stand down.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The Brewers have not played very well the last two series and they still managed to go 3-3. That's reason for optimism right there. They have really sucked the last 2 games and still won.

I was going to mention this as well. By all accounts, they deserved to get swept, or go 1 - 3 in this series, and walked out with 3 wins. I know that there's more perception than reality to the idea that when things are going good, you get the lucky bounces and such, it just seems like right now, that's truly the case for this team.

nothing better to silence the boobirds with homeruns to tie/win games!! I was there today, it was epic! "BOOOOOOOOOOOO CHEATER!!!" to which I said "remember last night?" then they responded with more boos until braun homered and were silent to which I replied back "WHERE ARE YOUR BOOS NOW????" so good

I love the pirates but i love the brewers beating them more

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

With Gomez now getting some bad boy pub we kind of have a bad boy image developing. I was never much of a fan of that but at least we are developing a national identity. I must admit it is kind of fun watching the frustration build in the haters as we keep on keeping on. Screw them all let them hate our players speak at the plate.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

With Gomez now getting some bad boy pub we kind of have a bad boy image developing. I was never much of a fan of that but at least we are developing a national identity. I must admit it is kind of fun watching the frustration build in the haters as we keep on keeping on. Screw them all let them hate our players speak at the plate.

As much as I don't want to jinx anything this early, I am preparing myself to hear all the haters start chirping about Braun being a "cheat" and a "fraud" if and when that time comes to push for the postseason. And while I've never condoned Braun's actions, I understand why he did what he did, and am not afraid to admit I would've done the exact same. This is what makes me a realist, I guess.

And we all should take credit for creating this "us against the World," bad boy image for the 2014 season. It was that standing-O we gave Brauny on Opening Day that set the tone and now his performance and that of his peers and only making people crow even more.

Developing?

http://mlblogsbrewersbeat.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/prince-fielder-2009-9-6-18-40-29.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrKim2AAzf9StpFxcfwraa_la5OSle9xE2KdROStYBKgJcJio5

Ya have to have a little grit and attitude if you're going to be a successful team. We get bothered that the Cardinals have a swagger and do things their way, well hopefully we are starting to just say screw it and develop our own attitude and our own way we want to play the game. If Gomez wants to fight, he'll have 24 other players plus coaches behind him. RR doesn't have much fire usually so every once in awhile I don't mind seeing something from a player.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

heh, I noticed the Nationals untucked the other night when they beat the Cardinals. Funny how I haven't heard a peep about that in the media like we did in 2008.

I'm optimistic that we're going to finish with a winning record in April. Please notice that I'm not calling it, though, because then it will surely not come to pass.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

As opposed to years past where the opposite was true, this team is finding ways to win despite the way they play at times. I'm a believer in the "x-factor" so to speak. Others on the this board don't, and I'm ok with that at it is hard to measure something that isn't really measurable and can disappear like a ghost (don't believe :tongue ). The Crew really has something extra going for it right now. We'll see how it plays out when the x-factor disappears for a bit and things don't go their way. Hopefully solid play will make up for it.

I've got the song "Happy" looping through my little brain when thinking about the Crew and am still enjoying it!

Hopefully they don't have a let down this week against teams that they are better than.

Brewers are definitely putting together a reputation here; but that really isn't anything new. To Cameron's untucking, to Prince's bomb there always seems to be something that annoys someone. I really could care less so long as we are winning games.

Right now the Brewers are one of if not the best team in the league so all these naysayers can just cram it. If/when we are doing this stuff and losing; then they can let it rip.

Braun is probably getting tested every morning when he shows up to the park and every other team in the league would love to have Gomez. Well probably not the Cardinals; the universe might implode.

Scooter continues to answer the doubters. The kid can play.

Amen...

It seems like the best teams in baseball always have players like Scooter in their everyday lineup. While maybe not the superstar on the team, Scooter sure is starting to seem like a pest and an issue that other teams are going to have to start game planning for.

I am hopeful that RRR let's Scooter start seeing LHP more to see if he can start developing some consistency against them.

If the brewers didnt play games on tuesdays they'd have a record of 15-3. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

16-6. Best record in baseball. Not just this year but would be at this point last year. and we're 4.5 games ahead of last season to this point(19games though)

74-66 rest of the way to reach 90wins. (63-80) rest of 2013 from this date forward. I know it's early but that's what I look at. This team is better at pitching Starters and Bullpen. For as bad a team they were last year, we only need to win 11more games than that team from here on out to reach 90 wins. less than 1 more out of every 10 games.....I'll come back in 20 games to paint a picture where the team stands vs. '13. And pretty much give the impression how the Playoffs are in the works for this team after this start.

After the first three weeks of the season the Brewers still have 4 relievers with an ERA under 1.0 if you include Kintzler. 4 of the 5 starting pitchers have an ERA less than 2.70. 5 of our regular starting lineup have an OPS above .790

Fun with early season numbers

My optimism is starting to frighten me. Last night's win over the Cubs was a thing of beauty. The Crew beat a weaker team in the manner in which a weaker team should be beaten; a manner that would make it tough to be beaten by anyone. Extremely solid pitching, few to no mistakes and taking advantage of every opportunity that falls your way. No big inning, no heroics, just good, solid baseball.

Brewers have a chance to set a new record for most wins in a month (21). I'm not sure what the record for just April is but I like their chances on that one.

How is that possible when the Tigers went what 36-5 to start the season that one year?

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Brewers have a chance to set a new record for most wins in a month (21). I'm not sure what the record for just April is but I like their chances on that one.

How is that possible when the Tigers went what 36-5 to start the season that one year?

I'm guessing he meant franchise record.

Archived