Brewer Fanatic

2014 Brewers Optimism Thread

torts
Another reason for optimism is the Reds look simply awful so far. Billy Hamilton is proving that old adage that you can't steal first base. This Reds team has problems.

if only that other red team could struggle we'd be in great shape!

That other red team is going to miss Beltran.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole winning on opening days thing is a coincidence.

We are actually just awesome at winning the opening game of a series and wont lose one all year. Bodes well for any one game playoffs we may end up in.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Okay, Time to get real optimistic. We are 7-2. Division Competitors Pitts/StL coming to MP for 6games. Look ahead to the pitching matchups and we have tough Liriano and Miller with the other 4 games I'd say in our favor. Then the 4Games on the road vs. Pitts. no Lirano pick up Cole.

You look ahead and I'm thinking 7-3 in these next 10 games is very possible to be 14-5 on the season and probably 4games or more ahead of Pitts.

Mind Blown !*_*!

The way this team pitched in the second half of last season I can see how there is optimism for 2014. Then you add a guy like Garza who stabilizes the rotation and has a trickle down effect to the bullpen (Thornburg) really helps things.

I have been a fan long enough not to get giddy over a fast start, 2007 taught me a lot in that respect. But the team should be solid barring any catastrophes, now the division the Brewers compete in will be the real deciding factor. Hopefully a team or two under achieves.

nothing like sweeping the Phillies in philly... for the first time ever in franchise history!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

The reason I can see this not just being a fluke is our offense has plus bats at CF, RF, SS, 3B, C and potentially LF. Only 1B and 2B are not above average. Our rotation is very solid 1-5. We dont have your typical ace but I think we have the best 1-5 I can remember in Milwaukee and some very good depth. And I love our bullpen. Now K-Rod scares me (even though he has been great) but I love the arms we have. Thornburg, Smith, Kintzler, and hopefully Henderson with his regular velocity make quite the bullpen.

This Brewer team went into this season three significant ifs that if all or perhaps 2 of the 3 turned out in the affirmative, then they were a playoff caliber team:

1. Pitching staff in general stays healthy

2. Ramirez is healthy and productive

3. Khris Davis is the real deal

So far so good on all 3 counts. Now of course other things could go wrong with injuries etc. and derail them, but in my mind these were the biggest unknowns.

Mark Reynolds on pace for 49HRs....Do the 194Ks(pace) bother you when he does so?

The difference between Reynolds and and say Francisco is that when Reynolds fans, he never really looks overmatched. He looks like he's guessing up there even with 2 strikes. When he guesses right, he hits it a long, long way.

While I'm sure Reynolds will have his struggles, I'm very happy with the pickup of him considering the alternatives. As long as the Brewers aren't trotting out sub-replacement level hitters, they're not negating what their hitting stars can bring to the table.

While the team ERA can't possibly stay at sub 2.00 as it is now; this start does make me optimistic they can at least be top 5 in the NL

Winnings on days when you didn't play all that well is pretty nice too.

I really wish I had bet the over on the Brewers before the season started. Only 11 games in but that seems like easy money now

Mark Reynolds on pace for 49HRs....Do the 194Ks(pace) bother you when he does so?

The difference between Reynolds and and say Francisco is that when Reynolds fans, he never really looks overmatched. He looks like he's guessing up there even with 2 strikes. When he guesses right, he hits it a long, long way.

His HR the other day. That swing was perfection. In the Zone throughout it.

Now JuanFran his swing has just too much upward in it. (Explains the appearance of being overmatched) Which makes it easy to understand why he goes through mass struggles. If Reynolds swing is anything like his last HR's swing, he's in for a much better year than expected. 49HRs type of better than expected.

Mark reynolds extension to get that double play! Fat juan watches that sail into the stands

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Archived