Brewer Fanatic

2014 Brewers Optimism Thread

torts
  • Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Pirates are 1.5 games ahead of us yet the atmosphere there is a lot more positive than here in Milwaukee. If Milwaukee started out the season 1-13 and we were in the position we are now, we would be thrilled. When it comes to fan attitude, I guess it's all about timing...but I still believe this team is capable of going 11-5 or 12-4 the rest of the way and making the playoffs with room to spare.

This is a team that was predicted to finish no higher than 4th and given pretty much no chance to contend in most of the national pre-season predictions. Even here, on the brewerfan site prediction thread , the average wins predicted by the teams own fans (who are generally much more optimistic before the season starts) was between 83 and 84. If they play .500 the rest of the way they reach that optimistic prediction.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

The Pirates are 1.5 games ahead of us yet the atmosphere there is a lot more positive than here in Milwaukee. If Milwaukee started out the season 1-13 and we were in the position we are now, we would be thrilled. When it comes to fan attitude, I guess it's all about timing...but I still believe this team is capable of going 11-5 or 12-4 the rest of the way and making the playoffs with room to spare.

This is a team that was predicted to finish no higher than 4th and given pretty much no chance to contend in most of the national pre-season predictions. Even here, on the brewerfan site prediction thread , the average wins predicted by the teams own fans (who are generally much more optimistic before the season starts) was between 83 and 84. If they play .500 the rest of the way they reach that optimistic prediction.

You sound pretty shocked that fans could be disappointed that their team that was not long ago 6 games up in the division is now out of a playoff spot. Being in first place all season and then losing 16 of 19 games will dampen some spirits, preseason predictions be damned.

You sound pretty shocked that fans could be disappointed that their team that was not long ago 6 games up in the division is now out of a playoff spot. Being in first place all season and then losing 16 of 19 games will dampen some spirits, preseason predictions be damned.

Yeah, that stinks, but right now I'd still rather be us than the Cubs, D-Backs, Rangers, or Red Sox. I've been a Brewer Fan since the mid 70's and have seen a lot more disappointing seasons than this. In almost 40 years of being a fan, the Brewers have reached the playoffs a total of 4 times and in most years have been out of the race by July. So yes, despite being disappointed about how they have played over the last 2 weeks, I'm thrilled that they are still in the hunt for a playoff spot on September 12th.

It's an optimism thread!!

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

The Pirates are playing against the Cubs and The Brewers are playing the Reds. At the beginning of the season I don't think that would have made any of us optimistic about the current situation, but at this point in the season it does makes me.
After their impressive resurgence the Cubs have lost six straight. The Reds swept the Cards, a team they play badly as a rule. You guys put 2 wins together at last, and knocked Miami out of any chance to grab a wild. The Pirates are on a nice run but can it continue? Atlanta is playing '500 ball. They're in your rear view mirror for now.

There are 17 teams that would love to be in the Brewers' shoes right now.

Yeah, that stinks, but right now I'd still rather be us than the Cubs, D-Backs, Rangers, or Red Sox. I've been a Brewer Fan since the mid 70's and have seen a lot more disappointing seasons than this. In almost 40 years of being a fan, the Brewers have reached the playoffs a total of 4 times and in most years have been out of the race by July. So yes, despite being disappointed about how they have played over the last 2 weeks, I'm thrilled that they are still in the hunt for a playoff spot on September 12th.

It's an optimism thread!!

I would rather be a Cubs fan if they weren't, you know, the Cubs.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

started a new job this week so ive been MIA, but LETS GO CREW!!!! This is still possible!! THIS CAN STILL HAPPEN! I BREWLIEVE!!!!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I STILL BELIEVE, I WILL NEVER STOP! THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

The only optimism I have is that this team can realistically be a .500 team this year.

STAY POSITIVE! TODAY COULD MAKE YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Nope!!! Giants lost, got a huge series against the dodgers, theyre tied currently with the pirates! No longer just chasing the buccos!!! Lets go dodgers!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

im still optimistic on a winning season!!!!!! KEEP ON KEEPIN ON GUYS!!!! GET 2 MORE WINS!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

At what point do you guys start getting excited about the possibility of the unlikely Brewers 5-0 finish and Giants 0-5 finish? For me it's Saturday morning. If they are alive Saturday morning I'll have slight hope.

Yeah, I was kinda thinking the same thing. If still have a shot on the 2nd last day of the season (I guess technically it would be 3rd last if there is a tiebreaker), then there is some excitement.

Cashner vs. Petit tonight (Close matchup)

Ian Kennedy vs. Vogelsong tomorrow (Pretty close matchup again)

Eric Stults vs. Peavy on Saturday (Favors Giants one would think)

Robbie Erlin vs. Madison Bumgarner (Huge advantage to Giants)

Perhaps their is a reasonable chance the Brewers are still alive on Saturday. But that matchup on Sunday favorites the Giants a ton. The Brewers can only hope that if they lose the next 3 they come out on that Sunday scared to death of choking.

Of course the Crew still have to win there games.....

At what point do you guys start getting excited about the possibility of the unlikely Brewers 5-0 finish and Giants 0-5 finish? For me it's Saturday morning. If they are alive Saturday morning I'll have slight hope.

last night

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Archived