Brewer Fanatic

2014 Brewers Optimism Thread

torts
  • Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Every other thread on this board is for "pessimism" or "realism" or whatever you want to call it. Optimism only in this thread! Go Brewers!

THIS!!!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

We're right in the playoff race with 19 to play. The Braves are in a huge slump as well. The Pirates play a 4 game @ PHI who has been playing well lately. Win tonight, take 3 out of 4 against Miami, and we're right back in this thing.

The hardest thing about this slump is the feeling that games are over whenever the other team puts up a crooked number. (I turned off Sunday's game at 4-0....can't stand to watch them blowing this opportunity.)

There is still time to make things right, turn the ship around into one of the wild card spots....but some part of this team needs to start working again.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I have stayed positive until attending Sunday's game. I guess I need to just lower my expectations and try to enjoy the wild card chase, now. It could be worse, these games will be very meaningful this week and next.

I wanted the division badly, but now I'll be happy to get in on the wild card. I hate the one-game playoff, but if that's how we have to do it, then so be it.

Still, this team has to get their poop together fast.

Tonight is the start of a 5-2 week. 3-1 over Miami and 2-1 over Pittsburgh. Back in control of the WC come Sunday night.
Josh Harrison sat out yesterday with an ankle injury. That could spell the end of the Pirates' run. On defense, on the bases and at the plate he's the MVP of that team. Limited use of that ankle would seriously effect his performance.

The Pirates haven't said much about it.

Tonight is the start of a 5-2 week. 3-1 over Miami and 2-1 over Pittsburgh. Back in control of the WC come Sunday night.

The Brewers actually play the Reds and not the Pirates, which is actually a good thing as the Reds have been horrible as well. 5-2 record seems reasonable, maybe 6-1.

The Brewers actually play the Reds and not the Pirates, which is actually a good thing as the Reds have been horrible as well. 5-2 record seems reasonable, maybe 6-1.

Even better. I'll stick to 5-2. Can't get too greedy given the past 3 weeks :)

5-1 the rest of the week. Win these next three behind Garza, Peralta and Fiers. Offense showed some signs of life last night but Gallardo dug the hole too big too early. Garza throws a few scoreless innings out of the gate tonight and the offense builds an early lead and hangs on. Pirates lose. Back within .5 games. Of course, nearly all of my predictions have been wrong but the optimism is here to stay and things have to turn at some point.

1982 Brewers. They fired their manager, Buck Rodgers, part way into the season and replaced him with Harvey Kuehn. As of July 30 they were a half game out of first in the AL East. They had a three game lead going into the final four-game series at Baltimore. They lost the first three. On the final game of the season they clinched, with Don Sutton beating Jim Palmer 10-2, no less.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

My heart is just bursting with the thought of getting into the playoffs as the Wild Card, winning that game, and then at some point beating the Cardinals. Oh my god, only the births of my children would be better moments.

Just kidding, they wouldn't be.

1982 Brewers. They fired their manager, Buck Rodgers, part way into the season and replaced him with Harvey Kuehn. As of July 30 they were a half game out of first in the AL East. They had a three game lead going into the final four-game series at Baltimore. They lost the first three. On the final game of the season they clinched, with Don Sutton beating Jim Palmer 10-2, no less.

Germans?

Germans?

Animal House reference

Germans?

Forget it. He's rolling.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I had no reason to feel that way but I thought at the time we hit bottom the last loss vs Miami. This team is good enough to put a run together and I think it started yesterday. Conversely I think the teams we are chasing are not so good that they won't allow us back in this thing.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Germans?

Forget it. He's rolling.

Lol, thank you. So was my follow-up.

Archived