Brewer Fanatic

2014 Brewers Optimism Thread

torts
FIRST PLACE ON SEPTEMBER FIRST!

HECK YEAH! GO BREWERS!

End of 1st half Brewers lost 11 of 12.

Right now they've lost 8 of 10.

For all that, the Cards were 20-19 since the ASB and the Brewers were 20-19 since the ASB.

We're in 1st place on Sept 1st.

Isn't that enough?

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GUYS WREE ALMOST THERE!!!@%$!@%@#%@ 1ST PLACE WITH 27 DAYS TO GO!

I BELIEVE!

I BELIEVE THAT!

I BELIEVE THAT WE!

I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

FIRST PLACE ON SEPTEMBER FIRST!

HECK YEAH! GO BREWERS!

End of 1st half Brewers lost 11 of 12.

Right now they've lost 8 of 10.

For all that, the Cards were 20-19 since the ASB and the Brewers were 20-19 since the ASB.

We're in 1st place on Sept 1st.

Isn't that enough?

Perhaps, but it would have been kinda nice for us to take advantage of the Cards misfortunes and put some distance between us. :ohwell I just hope we can figure out why the entire lineup is in a slump before its too late.

I was looking for this thread. We need it now more than ever.

A little more than a week ago a lot of people thought the Brewers were going to win the World Series after sweeping the mighty Dodgers, so keep in mind that it's a roller coaster AND a marathon. And there's still plenty of time left for things to get worse OR much better. The 7 Cardinal games can swing things in one direction or the other pretty quickly.

I am definitely concerned, but there is no reason to give up yet.

THEY CAN DO THIS GUYS~!! NEVER LOSE HOPE!@ NEVER LOSE FAITH! BREW CREW 2014!! THIS IS HAPPENING!!!!!!!! HERE WE GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

THEY CAN DO THIS GUYS~!! NEVER LOSE HOPE!@ NEVER LOSE FAITH! BREW CREW 2014!! THIS IS HAPPENING!!!!!!!! HERE WE GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to see you are still keeping the faith. Many (and I mean maaaaaaaany of abandon ship) ... radio stations are taking on many of calls right now in the area. Plus, I looked a little over a week ago for the cost of tickets for tomorrow's game vs Cards (competing against the Packers) and cheapest ticket on Seat Geek was $22. Today - $6. Heck, you can get row 1, row1! behind home plate during games this weekend for $140. That is the cheapest I have seen it all year. Usually row one starts at $200.

Last year at this time the Brewers were 59-79 and 22 games out of 1st place.

Yes, but right now the Crew is looking shocking like that team you just described. :(

Again...this is an optimism thread!!

My point is that last year (and in many Brewer years), by the time June came around (or earlier!) we were pretty much thinking about the upcoming football season or already looking ahead to this year. It's September and the Brewers still hold a wild card spot. They have one less win right now than they did all of last season!

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Plenty of time to turn things around. We are just having our late season meltdown a little earlier than in 2008. Speaking of 2008, we clinched a playoff spot on Sunday, Sept 28 by beating the Cubs at home. This year on Sunday, Sept 28 we once again host the Cubs. Coincidence?

Glad to see you are still keeping the faith. Many (and I mean maaaaaaaany of abandon ship) ... radio stations are taking on many of calls right now in the area. Plus, I looked a little over a week ago for the cost of tickets for tomorrow's game vs Cards (competing against the Packers) and cheapest ticket on Seat Geek was $22. Today - $6. Heck, you can get row 1, row1! behind home plate during games this weekend for $140. That is the cheapest I have seen it all year. Usually row one starts at $200.

I dont see the point to be negative! Tons of games to go against the nl central! We can do this!!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Luuuuuuuc with a contribution in the spirit of this thread:

We are coming home to the best fans in baseball and we have a huge series on tap. Let's get it! #brewcrew #nerdpower

Ya, that is a good quote. Lets turn this thing around Brewers. After going 1-11 in early July, we then went 7-3, with 2 of the L's coming on blown saves. So it easily could have been 9-1. And we have a 11 game home stand in front of us. Just saying. Go Brew Crew!!

edit, 11 game home stand

This was in the weekly "Brewer Bits" email from our ticket rep:

• In 2007, the Colorado Rockies were 76-72 and 6.5 games out with 14 games left. They won 13 out of 14, a play-in game and 7 consecutive in the playoffs to reach the World Series.

• In 2011, the St. Louis Cardinals were 8.5 games out of the only wild card spot on September 4th. They ended up winning the World Series.

Keep hope alive!

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I came here looking for this thread, and it was already at the top. I'm going to do my part to keep it here until we are eliminated.

The past doesn't matter. We are tied for the wild card and in a great position to move up in the division. I'm ready to believe again.

DONT LOOK NOW BUT MIKE IS ON FIERS TONIGHT!!!!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Archived