Brewer Fanatic

2014 Brewers Optimism Thread

torts
I'm really getting annoyed with this team. I mean seriously, 20-7 to begin the season and here we sit 94 games later and rather than improve on our 13games ahead of .500...We've lost 2 games and sit 11games above .500. The Cubs in the same span have only lost 6more games than the Brewers in 94games.

For Crying out loud! Get Hott! Win 15 of 20 and propel yourselves to 20+games above .500. The Pitching has been FANTASTIC for this team not to get on hott streaks of Ws. But We continue to provide them with under 4runs of run support Over and Over. We are 20-25 in the last 45 games and the Pitching Staff has held the opponents to 4runs or less in 19 of those games where the winning team scored 4runs or less. We're 7-12 in those games.

3-7 in the games the winning team scored 3runs or less. With our offense we should be on the opposite end 7-3 in that outcome not the other way around.

If you are going to be negative and remove our best stretch, lets remove the worst stretch of games too. June 30th through July 12th, we were 1 and 11. So in those 94 games that we went 46 -48, lets deduct our 1-11 stretch from it. By doing so we were 45-37. So 8 games over .500 through the other 82 games. As others have said, don't be so negative. The Brewers had 1 really bad stretch, a whole lot of slightly better than average stretches and 1 really great stretch. We have 1.5 months left, plenty of time for us to kick it into full gear again. It's a marathon not a sprint. Baseball isn't for the faint at heart / the what have you done for me lately bunch. It is for those who can navigate a marathon.

On a side note, if you take .162 x 162 = 26.2. (The length in miles of a marathon) ... So we are on mile number 19 in our marathon. (121 games x .162) ... Lots of time left to put in some good miles. Go Brewers!!!

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NOW THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Every time someone has caught them in the standings, they seem to win 5 of 6 or something like that to extend the lead back to to 3 1/2 games.

And right after posting this, they go on to win 4 in a row. Yes, I will pat myself on the back.

Pirates and Reds are fading fast. Even if the Cards get hot and overtake us for 1st we still would hold a really good shot at a wild card. Right now it is the Cards, Pirates, Braves, and Giants fighting for those 2 spots and 3 of those 4 teams have really struggled lately.

I am still feeling really good about the division though. Basically the entire month of September is against division foes so as long as the Brewers can make it through the rest of August still in 1st they will control their own destiny. Cards will be getting Molina back and maybe Wacha; Pirates will be getting Cutch and Cole back so all three teams will probably be competing at or near full strength come September. Molina and Wacha are probably farther out than Pirates guys though.

TOOK YA'LL LONG ENOUGH!!!!! THERES PLENTY OF ROOM ON THIS WAGON FOR EVERYONE, LETS ALL ENJOY THIS RIDE!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Um, so since I posted my frustration and asked for a 15-5 stretch...we've won 5 in a row! Can I get what I asked for and get 15 out of 20 in the Win column?

Well, before Sunday's game I asked for 6 runs over the first 3 innings against the Dodgers and they accomplished that, so anything's possible.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

At Tuesday's game, a guest relations employee told us that on Monday evening, the ticket windows (which would usually close at 7:00 PM) stayed open until 7:35 because the lines to buy were so long. On an off day!
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I can probably kiss any hope I had of getting cheap seats in September on Stub hub goodbye. Tickets are going to be very hard to come by in September especially that last home stand where the Crew will hopefully clinch the division :)

Baseball is kind of funny; July was thought of as a soft schedule and the Brewers struggled for the better part of that whole month. Everyone was petrified of August because of the schedule and now they are playing fantastic. I guess it just goes to show that it really doesn't matter who you are playing as long as you are playing well. The Brewers can beat anyone if they play to their capabilities. Of course the same can be said for Washington, St Louis, and the Dodgers too so it will come down to who is playing well in October.

I can probably kiss any hope I had of getting cheap seats in September on Stub hub goodbye. Tickets are going to be very hard to come by in September especially that last home stand where the Crew will hopefully clinch the division :)

If you are trying to make it on a weekend the Sundays that the Packers play (14 and 28th) will probably have decent prices and weeknights still won't be too bad especially with all those BP games in September and the Thursday Cardinals game when the Packers open their season.

I can probably kiss any hope I had of getting cheap seats in September on Stub hub goodbye.

Not sure what you would consider "cheap" but yesterday I just got 10 tixs for 9/6 (Cardinals) at $21 each in Terrace. That was less than I expected (especially Cards, weekend, etc.)so I jumped on it. Actually pretty good seats too, as far as the Terrace goes.

Nice to see 42,000+ at the stadium on a Tuesday night! What's the deal with Tuesday night crowds? Is there some special I'm not aware of on Tuesday nights? We went to the Tuesday night game 2 weeks ago vs San Fran and it was the biggest crowd of the week (over 40K). It took us completely by surprise. Left our house at 6pm from Waukesha and didn't get to our seats until 7:30. It was a bigger crowd than the Friday night game that week and there were no free hand outs or anything?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Nice to see 42,000+ at the stadium on a Tuesday night! What's the deal with Tuesday night crowds? Is there some special I'm not aware of on Tuesday nights? We went to the Tuesday night game 2 weeks ago vs San Fran and it was the biggest crowd of the week (over 40K). It took us completely by surprise. Left our house at 6pm from Waukesha and didn't get to our seats until 7:30. It was a bigger crowd than the Friday night game that week and there were no free hand outs or anything?

I wondered the same thing a couple weeks ago when I went to a Pirates game on a tuesday and it was almost sold out. same thing, it wasnt a giveaway game, there wasnt a band or fireworks, but it was the biggest game I had gone to all season... on a tuesday.

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived