Brewer Fanatic

2014-03-31 Braves (Teheran) at Brewers (Gallardo), 1:10 PM CDT (Opening Day!) - Brewers win 2-0

jjkoestler
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A little late on this but reading RRR's lips while "arguing" with the 2b ump, "I couldn't tell. It's so far away I can't really tell." Also had a pretty big grin on his face...Close call, could have gone either way, but I though Ramirez just got his foot in there.

Two innings, two outs on the bases. Love that Runnin Ron aggressive culture! Ugh.

Are you counting the 2nd out on the bases as the line drive that was caught and got Ramirez out at 2nd? If so, I would hardly put any blame on Ron for that one.

Two innings, two outs on the bases. Love that Runnin Ron aggressive culture! Ugh.

Are you counting the 2nd out on the bases as the line drive that was caught and got Ramirez out at 2nd? If so, I would hardly put any blame on Ron for that one.

Absolutely counting it, becauseI believe a culture of "every out is precious" leads to different results than aggressive stealing and stupid bunting to squander outs.

That play took forever to turn into an out. Maybe a culture that condemns outs on the bases leads to a different result. Or maybe not, since Aram is so old and slow (but at least he's expensive!).

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

For those of us following on Gameday did they mention anything about Gallardo's pitch count today on TV or radio?

If it's 85 he'll be fortunate to get through 6, hopefully they will let him go 100.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

A little late on this but reading RRR's lips while "arguing" with the 2b ump, "I couldn't tell. It's so far away I can't really tell." Also had a pretty big grin on his face...Close call, could have gone either way, but I though Ramirez just got his foot in there.

If it's close, you should challenge! That's what the system is for. I hope RRR doesn't end up being a manager that holds onto that one challenge waiting for the perfect opportunity to use it.

"Two three the count with nobody on, he hit a high fly into the stands. Rounding third he was heading for home, it was a brown eyed handsome man. That won the game, he was a brown eyed handsome man."

That seems like a pretty over the top conclusion. That type of play happens every day; it was a lineout and the first instinct when you see a hard hit ball is to take a couple steps. If you are blaming RR for something like that then you are just trying to find stuff to blame him for.

Huh. I didn't realize Bianchi was pronounced BeYankee. I thought it was Biahnchee.

Yes several times I've wondered why the Brewers' announcers are talking about the Yankees.

nice article on hardballtalk bashing national writers who were disappointed that Braun got a standing O and meaning like everyone in MIL somehow advocates cheating. Hello people Braun is the best player on the team; he apologized, and everyone is ready to move on except the media. Get over it.

ARam puts the first runs on the board for 2014! Hopefully he hasn't already reached his quota for March/April hits this year....he's a notoriously slow starter

Didn't he have a good couple of days to start last season... before he got hurt in about the third game and missed the next couple of weeks?

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Archived