Brewer Fanatic

Jean Segura bobblehead

NAPetrashek

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same for me.

It's an impressive presentation for a 20-game package, with tickets and parking passes printed in personalized spiral bound books. We also requested and received F&B/gift shop vouchers in a separate envelope.

But no Segura bobblehead, and no reference to it. As professional as the rest of the package was, I'm pretty confident they'll handle the bobblehead thing just fine.

I'm not a season ticket holder this year, but my guess would be that they just aren't done yet. I'd bet mid-April. You probably will have to pick them up from the stadium as that's much easier than shipping. Again, just my guess.

Jim, your presentation was much more impressive than mine, which consisted of 40 tickets (2 20-game packs) stuffed in an envelope with ads and a season seat holder handbook. Our F&B and upgrade vouchers came separately as well.

Jim, your presentation was much more impressive than mine, which consisted of 40 tickets (2 20-game packs) stuffed in an envelope with ads and a season seat holder handbook. Our F&B and upgrade vouchers came separately as well.

Nate when did you buy your tickets? Last year mine came like yours did because we didn't buy them until February. But for this season I got the nice package since I renewed back in October. I think you only get the "fancy" tickets when you buy or renew before a certain date. At least I think.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

What package do you have? I think if you have the "Fan's Choice" option, your ticket come in a rubber band. But if you have a set package, they come in a nice book.

That sounds plausible. I have the fan's choice package and renewed ahead of the deadline for the perks. I suppose I can't blame them for not binding up everyone's individual choices.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received the following email today:

"Dear Scott,

As a new 2014 Season Seat Holder benefit, we are offering one Jean Segura Bobblehead (in his 2013 All-Star Batting Practice Jersey) per account. This unique bobblehead is exclusive to 2014 Season Seat Holders only.

On game days, from April 11th through April 27th, we will have a distribution table located on the Loge level concourse behind section 209. You will be able to pick-up your bobblehead from the time the Miller Park gates open until the end of the 3rd inning. To claim your bobblehead, please bring a copy of this e-mail, or your Season Seat Holder ID Card (which will be mailed to you this week).

Thank you for your loyal support and Go Brewers!

Milwaukee Brewers Season Ticket Service Team"

Copy of the email? Doesn't that open up the chance people will be printing multiple copies of the email and getting extra bobbles?

I hope they have some kind of checklist so they know who has collected their bobbles, and who has not.

Uh oh...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

ok, good... no need to give the vultures freebies.

by the way, there is one on ebay for $159 or best offer. No takers yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Surprisingly, none on ebay yet...

The guy I am getting mine from said that he talked to the guy handing them out yesterday, and he said there are fewer than 900 being handed out... Of course, that doesn't mean there are 900 made, I'm sure they have extras.

Surprisingly, none on ebay yet...

The guy I am getting mine from said that he talked to the guy handing them out yesterday, and he said there are fewer than 900 being handed out... Of course, that doesn't mean there are 900 made, I'm sure they have extras.

There is no way that is true. The Brewers easily sell more than 900 ticket packages.

Brewers bobblehead collectors... Attempting to increase the value of bobbleheads since 2001.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Yup, one per account, not one per seat. (Which I find to be ridiculous and cheap on the part of the Brewers)

All I know is what the guy who works for the Brewers told my friend. No one is trying to increase the value, that will take care of itself.

It will surely be interesting to see what these end up going for on ebay. There was a guy at the end of the line the other night offering $175 to the people picking their bobbles up, and as far as my friend knows, no one sold him one...

You can bet that next year, if they do this again, people will be buying their season ticket packages on separate accounts so they can get one bobble per seat. That is what the guy did that I got mine from. He and his girlfriend both bought one ticket, allowing them both to get the bobble. It seems ridiculous that the Brewers only gave out one bobble to each account. If you have 4 rickets, you still only got one bobble. It really should have been one per seat. If you bought your tickets on separate accounts, you got one per seat.

There are WAY too many "big time" sellers around here the past year (on Craigslist, spilling over to eBay) and I know some of these guys have no interest in bobbles. I fear that guy is one of them. It's bad for the hobby (one tries to list for 2-3x the going rate, then the other, and then all and a new standard is set.). Frankly it's getting ridiculous, and honestly the markup leaves little room for profit. In any event, going forward, we need to use this community to make sure we all get our bobbles without getting screwed.

Archived