Brewer Fanatic

2014 Brewers SGA Bobble Photos

TURBO

Holy crap, I just called the Brewers team store. They still have a lot of them in stock.

They are selling the bobbles for $79.99 plus $20 shipping... (maybe that is why they still have so many in stock)

$100 for a retail bobble (assuming you need it shipped), then on top of that, one per month until October?

I bet some of the others will be more than $79.99 judging by the silhouettes. (multiple bobbles on one base)

Wow.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be getting this set, and you can be sure this will continue past this season as well.

I will stick with SGA for now, unless I change my mind...lol

At $59.99, I would have thrown my hat in the ring, but I bet those multiple ones in the future are going to go for $100 retail.

EDIT: Heard through the grapevine the final one with the 4 sausages on one base will retail for $200.

A friend of mine was at the team store yesterday. He is a season ticket holder, and gets 20% off. For $60, I was going to have him pick one up for me, when he got to the counter, they told him he could not use his 20% off on the Bobbles of the month.

:(

So, I told him to put mine back on the shelf. $80 is a deal breaker for me. The investment of the complete set is just too much. Not to mention, they will probably continue next year.

• 1 month later...

SCOOTER

http://mlb.com/mil/images/schedule/y2014/im_bobblegennett_180x150.jpg

HENDERSON

http://mlb.com/mil/images/schedule/y2014/im_bobblehenderson_180x150.jpg

CHORIZO

http://mlb.com/mil/images/schedule/y2014/im_bobblechorizo_180x150.jpg

The Scooter looks nothing like him, and not a fan of the chamo...

I am blah on the henderson to begin with, and the bobble looks blah as well.

Chorizo looks pretty cool, but it's just another sausage bobble.

They have never worn shiny gold jerseys, so I never understood why they painted them that way. I'd much rather see a realistic representation of the jerseys they actually wear (mustard yellow) than metallic gold.

• 2 months later...
Retro Segura today

50/50 retro or is it the 5000 retro like the old days?

I wish they would just stop the retro nonsense all together.

How do they give out the retros? Does somebody add one or two to each case randomly before they are brought to the gate or are there cases of retros sitting there and the attendant gives every 10th person one (which seems like it would lead to cheating)? Also, how do people know the 5,000 number for all the old retros or is that a (educated) guess?

The randomness of which bobbles get retros, and then, how many retros are given out is just so "random." these days. Last year they did a few bobbles with 50% retro, and 50% regular. Some people thought the retro version was like the old ones and overpaid, not knowing it was 50/50.

This year, no one knows what the heck is going on. Are there 3000 retros, 5000 retros, or are they 50/50? I have heard several different answers, from several different people.

The promo department has been screwing up a lot lately. How hard is it to let the fans know exactly what they are giving out, and letting them know before the give-away takes place.

It's a turn off.

Archived