Brewer Fanatic

Mr. Segura's wild ride

The stache

MLB pitching is obviously the creme de la creme, but there's something to be said about Segura's hitting everywhere he's gone. He hit at AA. He won the winter league batting title. And he was one of the best players in the Majors for the first half. Are we really considering that pitchers magically figured him out in the second half?

I think his decrease in production in the second half was mainly caused by fatigue. That he only hit one home run in half #2 is telling. He wasn't driving the ball with the same authority. That tells me "worn out." I could be wrong, and I will be the first the admit if I am. But I don't think I am.

Even his stolen base success rate plummeted in the second half:

Before the AS break: 27 of 31, 87%

After the AS break: 17 of 25, 68%

Either pitchers and catchers both suddenly figured him out, or, he was exhausted + dinged up.

I am inclined to believe the later explanation is more likely.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Archived