Brewer Fanatic

Jeffress story -- Signs MiLB deal w/MIL (post #23); KC/MIL Greinke trade discussion in MiLB forum

monty57
Most people turn another maturity corner in their late twenties, including many athletes. I don't know if Jeffress' issues are maturity related, but they certainly sound like it. If things come together for him, he still has the physical tools to become a very serviceable player and I think this is a great move.
Formerly Andersoc420

"Maturity" and the ability to throw strikes don't really go hand in hand.

Well that would depend on why a player struggles to throw strikes. Did he not put enough effort into his craft as the result of a lack of maturity?

Or, as is the case with a great many power arms is that they give up a little velocity at times in favor of command later in their careers. So they may very well go hand in hand here.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

At worst, he's worth auditioning for the big-league bullpen. My wish is that the club would give him time with Lee Tunnel (in Milwaukee) when the Sounds & Brewers were both home for a few days. Address the mechanics, & then let him cut it loose in Nashville.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Most people turn another maturity corner in their late twenties, including many athletes. I don't know if Jeffress' issues are maturity related, but they certainly sound like it. If things come together for him, he still has the physical tools to become a very serviceable player and I think this is a great move.

Well, there was the whole epilepsy thing on top of it.

He's worth taking a flyer on at this point, but I'm not holding my breath that he turns into an MLB pitcher.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
wondering if his contract will be purchased soon now that a 40-man spot has been cleared.

I am really hoping so. He's been outstanding as of late, and I liked the attitude of him coming back to Milwaukee because he had unfinished business here.

Last 10 games, 13.1 IP 14/2 SO/BB, 2.43 GB ratio...what's not to like? I would certainly prefer him over Figaro. Maybe we'll finally get the pitcher we were hoping to get when we drafted him in what feels like forever ago. Jeffress/Henderson/Thornburg/Nelson. Lots of power arms we have who could be back soon or added to our staff in the near future.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

He should be brought up now. Figs can be sent back down as he is only an emergency pickup guy. In a perfect world, we somehow get Wang in a trade amd send him down too and bring up a 5th bench player.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

It is crazy to think that at some point during this seasons hopeful playoff run Jeremy Jeffress could be throwing important innings for the big league club out of the pen. He has been great at Nashville, have to imagine at some point he will get his shot.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Archived