Brewer Fanatic

Everybody has reported early (almost)

markedman5

If I were Braun I wouldn't come until the last possible moment. Miight as well let the rest of the team have as much normalcy as possible before the media goes all crazy covering Braun.

If a player is fighting for a job at all they better have been here already; I don't have any issue letting the veterans secure with jobs come only when required.

ARam isn't injured, per say. He had a polyp removed from his colon. I'd say give the man some time.

There must be something else going on here. Non-cancerous colon polyps are usually found and removed during a colonoscopy which has about a 1 day recovery period. He's young for getting a routine colonoscopy, but if there is a family history of colon cancer, that would make it more reasonable.

Surgery that has after effects lasting for 3 months sounds like situation was far from a normal procedure.

How can Braun's thumb not be fully healed yet? He hasn't played in almost 8 months. Any injury should have healed by now unless it was misdiagnosed or something. I sure hope that it's not a problem.

Or maybe he's just building in an excuse already in case he isn't as good without the juice. I hope that's not the case, but after what he's said in the past, I don't know what to believe from him.

ARam isn't injured, per say. He had a polyp removed from his colon. I'd say give the man some time.

There must be something else going on here. Non-cancerous colon polyps are usually found and removed during a colonoscopy which has about a 1 day recovery period. He's young for getting a routine colonoscopy, but if there is a family history of colon cancer, that would make it more reasonable.

Surgery that has after effects lasting for 3 months sounds like situation was far from a normal procedure.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10484210/aramis-ramirez-milwaukee-brewers-non-cancerous-polyp-removed

PHOENIX -- Brewers third baseman Aramis Ramirez may miss the first few games of spring training after having a non-cancerous polyp removed from his colon.

The polyp was discovered during a routine colonoscopy in December, assistant general manager Gord Ash said Wednesday. The veteran is expected to be in camp by Friday's reporting deadline, with a physical over the weekend.

"There were no issues to be concerned about or alarmed with" Ramirez's health, Ash said.

Otherwise, the procedure disrupted his typical winter routine with hitting. Ramirez is hitting again, though manager Ron Roenicke said he can't pinpoint when he'll be ready to play in games.

Seems like since he's going to be the starter there's just no reason to rush the guy along. With his knee issues and age there just really isn't a reason for him to be playing much this spring anyway.

Exactly. My first thought was 'That must have been a huge polyp'...then I heard that it happened in December. I have had these removed, and was back at work the next day with no restrictions on physical activity.

PHOENIX -- Brewers third baseman Aramis Ramirez may miss the first few games of spring training after having a non-cancerous polyp removed from his colon.

The polyp was discovered during a routine colonoscopy in December, assistant general manager Gord Ash said Wednesday. The veteran is expected to be in camp by Friday's reporting deadline, with a physical over the weekend.

"There were no issues to be concerned about or alarmed with" Ramirez's health, Ash said.

Otherwise, the procedure disrupted his typical winter routine with hitting. Ramirez is hitting again, though manager Ron Roenicke said he can't pinpoint when he'll be ready to play in games.

Seems like since he's going to be the starter there's just no reason to rush the guy along. With his knee issues and age there just really isn't a reason for him to be playing much this spring anyway.

Not rushing him because of his knees and age makes sense. Not rushing him because of a colonoscopy in December makes none. Unless there were complications his batting should have been disrupted for all of 2 days. There's something else going on, but they don't want to say what.

You generally let veterans of Ramirez' stature get ready at their own pace regardless. The revelation of the colon polyp just seems strange. Have to wonder if team is just trying to quell talk about his physical condition in the event he goes on the trading block in July and putting the blame on his delayed process on something other than his knees.

Good to hear that everything seems okay. Baseball gets put on the back burner when discussing things like cancer.

But to the baseball side, this stood out to me in the article:

The sprained left knee that limited him to 92 games in 2013 was fully healed long before Ramirez had his colon surgery.

I hope that's true, and I hope that age does not hit Aramis this season. He is one of the big "ifs" that need to go right for the Brewers to have any shot this season.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
It's also worth noting that his father apparently died from colon cancer, so it's worth them being extra cautious.

While most men don't need to get a colonoscopy until age 50, if it runs in your family, it's advised you get one earlier. I assume that's what A-Ram did. And lucky for him. It shows how important it is to know your family's health history and get routine check ups.

Archived