Brewer Fanatic

2014 State of the Farm Discussion

RobDeer 45

The pitching so far has gone better than anyone could have hoped. Nelson, Fiers, Suter, Bradley, Jungmann have all met or exceeded expectations. Perhaps there isn't elite talent there but they do give the Crew a lot of organizational depth. Hopefully Nelson and at least one other in the group turns into solid MLB starters. I would be pretty incredibly if Bradley somehow resurrects his career and makes a contribution to Milwaukee; I think most people including myself that he was done.

The hitting prospects have been entirely underwhelming but perhaps that is turning around a bit here. Reed, Roache, Taylor, and Denson have gotten better recently. Haniger has probably been the biggest disappointment. Morris has merely been OK; he is looking like a LH platoon player at best right now. I am hoping Rogers can develop into a decent 3b Prospect; we definitely need one of those since Delmonico has had some personal issues setting him back this year. Rogers has been OK this year to; he is pretty similar to Khris Davis in that he has hit everywhere he has gone but has flown under the radar. He can take a walk and while he does K, he doesn't do it exhorbitantly

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Staff

It's ironic that the Biloxi press has been so focused on the Stars' season and not the Manatees -- especially the outfield trio, their up the middle infield, and several arms.

It's going to be very exciting for the majority of those Brevard kids to move into the new stadium in Biloxi next year, and I (we) can't wait to find out what the new ballpark dimesnions and identifying features/tendencies will be.

Here's to hoping we'll get to have the same kind of fun stadium-analyzing by staying in Nashville as well.

This will be an interesting summer from an international standpoint, do the Brewers land a premier player for the first time? How do last year's 2 big signings perform in the DSL?

I don't have any issues with what was written or the ultimate result of the list, many of us around the minor league side of the Brewers have been saying the same things for a long time.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived