Brewer Fanatic

Gamel hurts knee again, released by Braves

JohnBriggs12

what an unfortunate last couple of years for him.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Brutal. I wonder if his giant chew being positioned on one side of his lip has contributed to an uneven amount of stress on that knee. He should look at positioning it in the middle and maybe consider doing it "upper" style in the future.

Sorry, bad jokes. I do feel bad for him. 3 ACLs in baseball is horrible luck.

Pretty reassures my stance on the idea of signing Hart was going to be a bad one. Any week now news will likely break Hart will start the season on the DL.

I don't think Mat Gamel's knees have anything to do with Corey Hart's. Responses to knee injuries are extremely varied.

Plus, weren't the Braves planning on having Gamel attempt to play both corner OF positions as well as both corner IF positions? A little different than just 1st base.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Perhaps he should find a new doctor for the 3rd surgery. He probably didn't make enough money to retire either; welcome to the work force Mat!!

Well he did get a full season of time so he has a pension. He likely could get a college coaching job somewhere.

If he didn't have bad luck, he wouldn't have any at all. Sad to think that all of this started on an effort play trying to run a foul pop up down.

As for Melvin, he does seem to know when to back off a guy due to medical concerns. That has to make you wonder about Hart going forward.

does the pension kick in then? I know the big pension is earned after 10 years of service time.

He will get a pension since he has 3 years of service time (only 43 days is required for the minimum pension). From what I could find, the minimum pension starts at $34,000 annually, so he will get some amount beyond that.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived