Brewer Fanatic

2014 Nashville Line Up/Roster

Mr Southpaw
nor does it include zach duke (likely has an opt-out clause if he doesn't make the major league club, but that hasn't been confirmed).

zach duke's opt-out confirmed as 26 march here. if duke accepts a minor league assignment, the brewers have to pay him an extra $100,000 and his opt-out date becomes 1 june.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

It's going to be a real test of new manager Rick Sweet to keep his players happy in Nashville.

This is not going to be made up of many players happy to be up from AA, this is a squad chock-full of players who are now out-of-options or who felt they had a legitimate chance to a 25-man roster spot.

Don't really feel well enough informed about it to have a strong opinion Mass, but is it a lot different than other years? Gindl and Wooten may have been told they're first up and/or some other encouragement.

My general sense is that Melvin likes to have emergency backups to emergency backups to emergency backups and will still trade prospects before using them. Whether they're a better player or not is always skewed by Melvin's valuation of "experience." There are some players who may in reality have no reasonable chance to play on the MLB team. I'd guess Halton and Green are in that category. If Morris has another mediocre season, I'd guess he moves into that category as well.

Formerly AKA Pete

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Anyone know what the Crew will do with Jungmann? Will he be at AAA or AA this year?

Right now I see (as noted earlier) Nelson, Hellweg, Burgos, Jungmann, Pena, and Fiers. That's six guys. Would they go with six starters? Are any of these guys being considered for the bullpen?

Just wondering if anything had been announced.

I'd put Fiers in the bullpen to give Hellweg as much time on the mound as possible.

I have a hard believing the crew would go with a 6 man rotation in AAA without doing it in A first (as some teams are now). This situation probably figured in with Thornburg's status as well.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived