Brewer Fanatic

Jose Dariel Abreu (CHW): almost a brewer?

MVP2110

Well it was prior to the Garza signing and paying a 27-year old Abreu 10 million a year over 6 years to shore up the organizational black hole at 1B wouldn't have been completely crazy (but risky, certainly).
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Well it was prior to the Garza signing and paying a 27-year old Abreu 10 million a year over 6 years to shore up the organizational black hole at 1B wouldn't have been completely crazy (but risky, certainly).

I wouldn't have been a huge fan of that deal. Cespedes and Puig are getting people really excited about Cuban players. Those two are the exception not the rule. They also were much younger then Abreau is. The Brewers would be getting him at his peak for a few years and then likely decline. Plus, that's a lot of money for a team like the Brewers to invest for a virtual unknown.

Where is all of this money coming from :)

Every team including the Brewers is getting an extra $26 million from the national TV deal. That's part of the reason why I couldn't understand why they low-balled Hart.

Every year it seems everyone is shocked when the Brewers spend money. There is a whole lot going around MLB right now.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Archived