Brewer Fanatic

2014 Fan Vote Bobble announced on facebook:

TURBO

Brewers Released the 3 choices for the July 27 Fan Vote Bobblehead : Wily Peralta, Jim Henderson and Matt Garza.

Henderson is getting one for the Timber Rattlers this year, and Garza hasn't even suited up yet as a Brewer.

My vote will be for Wily Peralta, who should have gotten one this year anyway...

WILY!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

i could imagine scenarios where all 3 of the players could become the winner of a fan vote. my initial guess was that henderson would run away with this, but indeed youd have to think that garza would be installed as an early favorite. i was kinda hoping for more choices and unconventional choices (like coaches, notable fans, brewers staffers, etc)

Unconventional choices would appeal to us die-hard fans, but I can see why the Brewers would choose to appeal to casual fans, whose attendance and dollars are less of a guarantee.

I'm voting Peralta too, though I would not be disappointed in a Henderson bobble. For Garza...I don't know, maybe I'm stodgy, but I'd prefer that dude at least have appeared in a game for the Brewers first. I felt much the same way about the Greinke bobble, but unless Garza is traded lightning-quick, he's got several other chances to be immortalized.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I'm voting Peralta too, though I would not be disappointed in a Henderson bobble. For Garza...I don't know, maybe I'm stodgy, but I'd prefer that dude at least have appeared in a game for the Brewers first. I felt much the same way about the Greinke bobble, but unless Garza is traded lightning-quick, he's got several other chances to be immortalized.

This is exactly how I feel about it, but getting 2 Hendersons (Brewers and T-Rats) in one season is a bit overkill... Save Garza for next season...

Free Wily!

Henderson seems to be in Danny Kolb/Mike Fetters mold as far as career impact. And Garza hasn't done anything just yet.

Peralta is my default choice. He's a product of the farm system, and has at least been a player of promise.

My personal choice would be along the lines of Lew Krausse/Marty Pattin/Gene Brabender/Skip Lockwood, etc.

But I like to reminisce.

What the T-Rats do has no impact on what the Brewers do.

Obviously, since both the Brewers and T-Rats are doing Scooter this year...

2 Scooters AND 2 Hendersons in the same season? Oh well...

I'm voting for Henderson. Both Peralta and Garza have years ahead to get a bobble. What the T-Rats do has no impact on what the Brewers do.

Now that's a good point. Henderson's window of realistic opportunity to be "bobbled" might well be the shortest of the three, given what seems to be the shelf-life of a closer type.

I have to agree on BSC's other point above. The subset of Brewers ticket buying fans who are equally avid about both Brewers and T-Rats bobbles is probably small, so fairly or otherwise, it may not be the audience they try hardest to court.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Too bad they jumped the gun on this, would have been nice to get a K-Rod bobble, especially since this is his 3rd go-round with the Brewers...

Archived