Brewer Fanatic

Brewers On Deck

Bikeage77

Who's all going?

I have a feeling since it's free it's gonna be a mess. Mostly wanna get the alumni, but still haven't got Segura or Lohse. I have a buddy that generally helps me out, so I'm trying to get as many of these guys as I can. With Yount and Uecker the ones I'd want in the lottery. It's surprising that Braun isn't signing for free. To help win back his image, you'd think he'd do two or three shifts for free.

I'm gonna attempt to get the following:

Jean Segura

Hiram Burgos

Jim Henderson

Jim Gantner

Larry Hisle

Kyle Lohse

Gorman Thomas

Bob Uecker

Jimmy Nelson

Robin Yount

Mark Reynolds

It seems like the typical crowd so far. That said, it is an hour until doors. We will see how much the weather cuts into the attendance. I saw a few tweets from out of town folks who aren't risking the drive.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I'm home due to the crummy weather between Madison and Milwaukee, but the Interactive Stage interviews are streamed online. Brandon Kintzler, upon being asked what batter he least likes to face, called Carlos Beltran "that frickin' guy."
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Crowds were fine. Weather mighta helped that, or a lot of people also thought of it being a mess and stayed home could've played a role. Either way it was good.

Got

Jean Segura (Missed the line by like 20 people due to a stupid decision to go back to the Belding table instead of getting in line. Bought a ball for $40)

Hiram Burgos

Jim Henderson ($10 bucks from Waukesha Sports Card)

Jim Gantner

Kyle Lohse (Thanks BrianSuperCollector!)

Gorman Thomas

Jimmy Nelson

Mark Reynolds

Don Money ($15 from a vendor)

Larry Hisle was a no show.

Also got myself a pretty nice Milwaukee Bears K-Rod hat, and then in a major blunder in the chaos of grabbing jerseys I got a Sean Green jersey thinking Taylor Green switched numbers to 5 after his first season. Oh well. The jersey selection this year was pretty terrible. Mostly coaches and relievers from what I saw.

Sean Green, there is a name I had (blissfully) forgotten!

The crowd wasn't as bad as feared, in fact I'd say it was a bit lighter than in years past. The grab bags had no line by 11, which in years past they had a line until at least early afternoon. While they drew a record crowd, I think more people came and went as opposed to staying for long periods of time.

I scored a retro signed Axford bobblehead (randomly) from the BCF rummage sale. I also got a 2007 Fielder and a regular Aoki. They were admonishing people for opening the tops to check for retros, so I didn't even try. They had a ton of bobbles: Wolf, Morgan, some of the '82 mini's, Axford, McGehee, Aoki, Yount, etc.

I didn't really see much else of substance in the BCF sale. Someone may have gone home with a Cesar Izturis jersey. They had a ton of the grilling set SGA's for sale, too.

As far as autos, I went for Jenkins (who was quite affable). I won the Uecker lotto, so I ended up with Uecker and Mark A as well. Uecker's demeanor was underwhelming, at best. He didn't even look up to engage, but it was his birthday and he spent part of it signing autographs, so that's good enough for me. Mark A. was much more engaging, if not keeping the line moving.

The player photo booths were going pretty quickly. I got in with Tom Gorzelanny and Marco Estrada (Hawing asked that I remind him to take it easy on the bases with his hamstrings), Michael Blazek, Johnny Hellweg (who has this lanky Eli Manning look going on), and Caleb Gindl.

Not a bad day at all.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Agreed on the crowds. Seemed same as previous years. Only went for a good time and possibly check out the bobble vendors. I also got a Bears fitted hat game worn by #33, which I think was Eric Farris. Either way, been really wanting that hat. Was a little surprised to see pretty high "Retail" prices from the vendor tables. I did score a Powder Blue Molitor mini for $15. Also got the Skully bobble even though it's missing the stick. (anyone have a sick they'd donate?)

Side note, a guy in our group bought a grab bag that had a Talking Braun bobble in it. I wanted to die. Lol

WOW. Did it still work? That's a pretty great score!

I thought the vendors prices were about what'd you expect. They're gonna be a little bit more since they need to cover the cost of their table. At the end a lot of guys were slashing prices. Bobbles at one table were going for 5 bucks each in the last hour. I almost caved but was able to control myself.

Word is that his Braun doesn't work. I think if I ever got one, I'd perform the surgery on it. I actually just picked up My Holy Grail via a minty fresh Attanasio in the box, never opened. Worked out a deal sending 7 Alternates his way. Worked out great for both of us. Now I've got the Hall Tracksuit, 04 Bernie Bday, Powder Blue Molitor, & the Talking Braun at the top of my list.

a vendor had a signed Attanasio for 250 at the end of the day yesterday.

I forgot to mention my big score. A free half gallon of chocolate milk. I drank about half of it while walking around, and finally put it down before getting Nelson and Reynolds. I was afraid if I kept walking around with it I'd keep drinking it and end up puking. Now when to hold em, know when to fold em.

i got my hands on the izturis cerveceros (sz 46) and another coach (sz 52) in the jersey pull.. its a mystery to me how and what they decide to make available. i guess i was lucky to get to the jersey pull quick in the charity corner. i'd trade either for another jersey game issue like that of the "birrai" or "piwowarzy" that would fit me (sz 48).

I didn't see anything with the alternate heritage uniforms. They did have some of the complete Bears uniforms, but I didn't get a chance to look at em. They may have had some jerseys but each year it seems like they're just coaches or relievers. They did have some Bears pants selliing individually, not sure how much those were, no interest.

Last year I came out pretty good with Marcum, Wolf, and Morgan all from the 2011 season.

I'm not a big autograph guy (I dabble loosely in Brewers autos, but go full on for the T-Rats), or jerseys for that matter...

What do you guys do with all the jerseys? Wear them, display them, or just hoard them?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

@turbo. ive been trying for years to get my hands on the heritage brewers game-used jerseys for years. finally had my first peek at them at the brewers ondeck bc we were among the earlies. and for cerveceros $50 / $75 at the jersey pull vs $250 in the team store, thats awesome price. and i wear them, more obscure the better.

in other news, you might check out the exhibitor tables if you ever get a chance. i noticed opening day schedule magnets, earliest one was 1999 and i was casually going thru the tables. i think they go for $1 and didnt know it was on your "want" list until after ondeck. certainly can be found again, those exhibitors appear monthly as they say.

Turbo, I had mine on display at my old house, but since then I've picked up another 5 or so. I have 9 total now. I'd like to eventually build a locker type set up to go in my rec room. We're planning on moving to the house I own in Tosa come October (Milwaukee lifted its teaching residency law last June, gotta get the leases to match up so I'm not paying for two places at once).

Archived