Brewer Fanatic

Random MLB News & Discussion 2014

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/sFDSbKhqhbhIW.WOk8hvKA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Y2g9NDIwMDtjcj0xO2N3PTMzNjA7ZHg9MDtkeT0wO2ZpPXVsY3JvcDtoPTgwMDtxPTc1O3c9NjQw/http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/sports/2014-02-25/bdac9e40-9e47-11e3-8efc-79ceb7b9573b_474656823.jpg

Gotta say...I am glad "T Plush" is gone. I like characters in baseball but it felt very forced at times and that was two and half years ago.

Hot prospect Miguel Sano of Twins is undergoing Tommy John and will miss the year. Sounds like they knew he was having issues in the fall but didnt get the right diagnosis until now. The Twins were not going to contend this year but still a blow to their fan base

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/adam-dunn-s-locker-got-a-makeover-while-he-was-at-the-oscars--photo-232533007.html

Chicago White Sox slugger Adam Dunn was an investor in the much-celebrated film "Dallas Buyers Club" and even had a small cameo as a bartender. As The Stew told you last week, Dunn left White Sox spring training camp to attend Sunday's Academy Awards, where "Dallas Buyers Club" was up for six awards.

That's pretty neat. I never even noticed him in the movie.

Hot prospect Miguel Sano of Twins is undergoing Tommy John and will miss the year. Sounds like they knew he was having issues in the fall but didnt get the right diagnosis until now. The Twins were not going to contend this year but still a blow to their fan base

I'm pretty sure they knew, they just tried to rehab it and avoid surgery, which obviously didn't work.

Some welcome sanity from one guy at the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. I had to make sure it wasn't April 1 already:

No More 'Cardinal Way,' Please

I called into MLB Network Radio last week to discuss this very issue. It will be interesting, dare I say hypocritical, when Braun is booed out of the stadium in St. Louis this season, but Jhonny Peralta will not only be cheered, but was also handed a $50 million contract AFTER his PED suspension. Braun wasn't given a contract after his suspension.

The Cardinal Way...the most arrogant fan base I have ever seen and it has nothing to do with the Brewers being a rival. I genuinely despise (in a baseball sense) the better than thou attitude of that team.

It just sucks that they are so good and will be so good for a long time. What I wouldn't kill for a 70 win season in STL.

While it won't affect the Cardinals, when the Rams move back here to Los Angeles, as has been rumored, I will personally take great joy in those that are Cardinal/Ram fans and call themselves the "Best Fans in Baseball" losing their NFL team. :devil

It just sucks that they are so good and will be so good for a long time. What I wouldn't kill for a 70 win season in STL.

While it won't affect the Cardinals, when the Rams move back here to Los Angeles, as has been rumored, I will personally take great joy in those that are Cardinal/Ram fans and call themselves the "Best Fans in Baseball" losing their NFL team. :devil

...again.

i heard the Marlins are putting in a protest of their recent game against the Red Sox. the Marlins had instituted "preferred" pricing for the game since it was against Boston, but Boston fielded what was basically their second-string team with very few stars playing. the price for a great seat for a Marlins' "preferred" Spring Training game? $40.

i heard the Marlins are putting in a protest of their recent game against the Red Sox. the Marlins had instituted "preferred" pricing for the game since it was against Boston, but Boston fielded what was basically their second-string team with very few stars playing. the price for a great seat for a Marlins' "preferred" Spring Training game? $40.

Not a big fan of the guy, but Sawx ownah John Henry had a wicked burn on this one:

They should apologize for their regular season lineup.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Rules are rules and the Red Sox should be fined or whatever the punishment is for what they did. But the Marlins should be slapped in the face for A) jacking up prices that much and B) complaining about it. The money made by raising the prices constitutes like .01% of their income for the whole season.

I saw the name Gamel in a Yankees box score and I was wondering if it was Mat. I clicked on the name and saw this picture.

http://riverdogs.milbauctions.com/images/stores/48/300/Gamelheadshot_300.jpg

I was surprised I hadn't heard that Mat had signed with the Yankees. I was even more surprised when I saw that it was Ben Gamel, Mat's brother.

Signed out of high school, Ben has way less power and more speed than Mat. He's averaged 20 SB's the last 2 seasons. He's strictly an outfielder with a .396 career slugging % in the minors
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived