Brewer Fanatic

Random MLB News & Discussion 2014

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep just saw that...makes me sad.

Wow, Andrew Friedman left the Rays to become the Dodgers president of baseball operations.

Hard to blame him. Probably better pay, much better chance to win, and not be part of a franchise that might have to relocate in the not to distant future.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

It's more a case of the rich getting richer... I don't blame him for doing what's best for his family at all.

I just don't want the Dodgers to have a guy who I consider to be one of the best in the business.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

It's more a case of the rich getting richer... I don't blame him for doing what's best for his family at all.

I just don't want the Dodgers to have a guy who I consider to be one of the best in the business.

We'll see how he does though now that he has near unlimited funds to spend on whoever he wants. Sometimes guys like Friedman do better when having to make savvy moves under a tight budget than when being able to resign and/or sign pretty much anyone.

Look at Theo in Boston. Yea he won rings there, but he really lucked out that a number of big money moves didn't work out as he tried like nearly trading for ARod. Trying to waive Manny. Tried hard to sign Contreras. He also made multiple bad big money free agent signings. Now with the Cubs, i think he enjoys more rebuilding their farm system than working with 200 million dollar payrolls in Boston where fans expect only championships. Same with Beane. It's not a given that he'd do great with a rich team instead of how he's had to do things with the A's.

I'm not saying that Friedman won't do well with the Dodgers, but that's such a vastly different type of GM job compared to Tampa. Vastly different expectations. He could trade a Garza, Shields, and/or Price caliber starter in Tampa before their contracts were up to help keep the payroll manageable and also to keep young/cheap talent flowing in, but in LA, that won't fly if he makes trades like that and then the team misses the playoffs for whatever reason.

Some GM's in baseball just may thrive better at working magic under financial constraints than having near unlimited funds.

Did Adam Dunn ruin Baseball?

Interesting article on 3TO and it's impact on the game.

Heh. That was a fun read. I actually didn't realize Dunn had announced his retirement. It doesn't seem like all that long ago we were getting excited on this forum, thinking Melvin had traded for him.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Did Adam Dunn ruin Baseball?

Interesting article on 3TO and it's impact on the game.

Heh. That was a fun read. I actually didn't realize Dunn had announced his retirement. It doesn't seem like all that long ago we were getting excited on this forum, thinking Melvin had traded for him.

I'm not sure it's official. After he was traded he said he would retire, then I think he said he might retire.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Today's Baseball America "prospect report" has Yuni B as Brewers property playing in the Mexican league. That's GOT to be an error! Not sure why they even list non prospects.

I saw that too and almost had a heart attack. However, I think they just listed it since Milwaukee was the last ML team he was associated with.

Today's Baseball America "prospect report" has Yuni B as Brewers property playing in the Mexican league. That's GOT to be an error! Not sure why they even list non prospects.

I wonder what the Mexican fans think of Yuni B. Maybe he'll become a national sensation down there.

I don't think theres a G.Stanton Topic about his rumored Miami Extension.

I mean I get it look at what he's done at his age and so on and believe he's worth what? the 12year 300mil deal?

What I don't get, is did they just ignore the fact that Mike Fiers beaned him in the face near his eyes? How dumb will it turn out if Stanton has eye issues or Batter Box issues and you give him this guaranteed contract and he's now a Mike Olt?

• 3 weeks later...
Apparently Doug Melvin suffered a broken ankle a couple days ago. Not sure of the circumstances.

Maybe he'll have some pain killers that'll loosen him up a bit and make some trades in the upcoming week.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived