Brewer Fanatic

Random MLB News & Discussion 2014

Why?
Are you serious? Remember that Reds lineup yesterday vs. the Cubs? No Bruce, Frazier, BP, Morasco et al. They sat all the regulars to rest 'em up for TONIGHT.

Look at today's vs the Cardinals

CFBilly Hamilton (S)

1BBrayan Pena (S)

3BTodd Frazier ®

CDevin Mesoraco ®

2BB. Phillips ®

RFJay Bruce (L)

LFRyan Ludwick ®

SSZack Cozart ®

That's the best they could possibly field. That's for the Pirates and Brewers benefit. That's integrity. It would be advantageous for them to lose out for a better draft position, but they're better than that.

That anyone can't understand that amazes me.

You're too warped into the Cardinals' mindset..

the Reds don't give two craps about winning games at this point, and the whole "we're playing spoilers" is all bullcrap. They've thrown in the towel much like every other team, including the damn Brewers.

Teams give up at the end of the year. It is what it is. It does not 'behoove' them to play their best or win every game. Draft slots still matter.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Brewers likely collapse at this point makes that even more impressive, with the expanded playoffs to have 2 teams just fall apart that completely is kind of crazy. Though I wonder if maybe the 2nd wildcard might not be a cause? Are fewer teams playing for next year than in more recent history? I'd be curious to see how teams approached the trade deadline going back before the 90's.

I didn't see it. Was it "grooved" pitch, like Wainright's in the All-Star game?

Hard to say. Maybe

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/11589333/derek-jeter-plays-final-home-game-new-york-yankees

There is no way that was grooved. With a win today the Orioles would only be 2 games behind the Angels. I highly doubt it was grooved as the Orioles are playing for something. Just give the guy some credit - that was a picture perfect moment

yeah I think it was legit.... however if the O's were truly all-in, in that moment, they would have intentionally walked Jeter....

that said, it was an incredible moment

Jeter is the worst hitter in their lineup, by far, why would they walk him?

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Wow, Mariners with bases loaded, no out in bottom of 9th needing 1 run to win and have a chance going into game 162. Two of last three batters get to 3 ball counts, but game goes to extras.

Exciting, but tough to watch given what I expected not so long ago.

Archived