Brewer Fanatic

Random MLB News & Discussion 2014

Former Brewers Blake Lalli and Kameron Loe involved in this ugly AAA brawl between the D-Backs and Dodgers affiliates (Reno and Albuquerque). Here is the Deadspin Link.

Lol, it looks like the catcher had to say something while he was throwing the ball that pissed the batter off. I like the helmet throw-and-run. ridiculous.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator
Rockies give away Tulowitzki shirseys, misspelled as Tulowizki Must be a ploy by the front office to ease a future trade. They will just point to the shirseys and say, see he wasn't that big of a star if we couldn't even spell his name right.

One day later it is Tulowitzki himself making headlines. I am assuming this will not sit well with the Rockies: Rockies' Troy Tulowitzki watches game at Yankee Stadium

Edit: Here is the Denver Post story... I also got a kick out of his Arrested Development t-shirt.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

We all know the Brewers are not exactly great on the base paths, but if they ran themselves out of an inning the way the Pirates did this afternoon, the rage on this board would cause the internet to explode.

I can't find a video, but to sum up:

Pirates lead 5-4 in the 6th inning.

Pirates have men on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out.

Pirate batter walks to load the bases.

Pirate on 2nd base apparently decides now is a good time to stand 20 feet off the base for no reason and is caught in a rundown, being tagged out about 15 feet from 3rd base.

The Pirate on 3rd base, despite watching his buddy be tagged out right in front of him, decides to go for the ol' bamboozle play and begins jogging casually toward home plate and is thrown out by approximately 70 feet, thus ending the inning.

Bases loaded with 1 out becomes inning over with no runs scored on the traditional "walk 'em, throw 'em out, throw 'em out" double play.

The Brewers are actually pretty great on the basepaths, currently 5th in MLB in value added on the bases per fangraphs.

It just goes to show that people will harp on and remember the negatives while ignoring and forgetting all the times the team's aggresive baserunning pays off.

This applies to offense, defense and pitching too. A great example is people who complain about Gomez's approach despite that approach having produced the 14th most batting runs in MLB thus far, more than Lucroy and his "more ideal" approach.

The Brewers are actually pretty great on the basepaths, currently 5th in MLB in value added on the bases per fangraphs.

It just goes to show that people will harp on and remember the negatives while ignoring and forgetting all the times the team's aggresive baserunning pays off.

This applies to offense, defense and pitching too. A great example is people who complain about Gomez's approach despite that approach having produced the 14th most batting runs in MLB thus far, more than Lucroy and his "more ideal" approach.

The Brewers also have an amazingly fast team. I'd wager the only position they have that has below average speed is 3B, this will help them in those statistics.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Given his PA total, I wonder if injury issues have played a role this season, but Mark Trumbo has been a disaster for the D-Backs so far.

.219/.264/.388/.652 coming into play tonight. Brutal.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

There have been 4 expansion teams in the last 20 years. They are Miami, Tampa, Arizona, and Colorado. Miami and Arizona are last and 2nd last in the NL in attendance. Tampa Bay is last in the AL. Colorado, arguably the team that has enjoyed the least success of these 4 teams, has always done well attendance-wise and is currently ranked 4th in the NL in attendance.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

There have been 4 expansion teams in the last 20 years. They are Miami, Tampa, Arizona, and Colorado. Miami and Arizona are last and 2nd last in the NL in attendance. Tampa Bay is last in the AL. Colorado, arguably the team that has enjoyed the least success of these 4 teams, has always done well attendance-wise and is currently ranked 4th in the NL in attendance.

Another fun fact is those 4 teams have won a combined 3 World Series titles and each has at least made a World Series appearance. Meanwhile, the Brewers have done none of that in the same time frame.

I don't really see a fix attendance wise for MIA, TB or ARI. Lots of transplants in those states. At least ARI saw a nice spike around their World Series season, MIA not so much. TB puts out a competitive team year in and year out & it doesn't seem to matter with their stadium situation. They should relocate to Brooklyn, change their name to the Ray-Bans.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I'm stumped as to why/how the Marlins got/spent money on a new stadium. Anyone that thought a new location/stadium was going to change their attendance whooaas had their head in the clouds.

Same with the Rays. I know their joint is a dump, but come on, they have had like a bunch of 90 win seasons in a row (this one notwithstanding) and a WS appearance, and the fans more or less simply don't care. Brooklyn seems like a good place, though I'm sure the Yankees and Mets would fight that tooth and nail.

Portland?

Memphis?

Nashville?

Indianapolis?

Something has to be better than anyplace in Florida.

Archived