Brewer Fanatic

Matt Garza

Moving Weeks frees up money, but who is going to take him without us either paying a bunch of money or taking on a salary dump of theirs?

If they take minimal compensation they'll be able to dump a decent amount of his salary on a team with a need a 2B.

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who is Garza's agent? My degree of belief of the rumor is tied to the name of his agent.

Nez Balelo (aka, Brauns agent)

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

@JP_Breen :

Theory: #Brewers are pursuing Matt Garza on a minor-league deal under the assumption that he'll transition to first base

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Garza would immediately improve my outlook for the team in 2014; and I already was more optimistic than most.

If Yo returns to pre-2013 form, Lohse remains what he has been for the past three seasons and Garza puts up Cub Garza numbers, the Brewers have 3 legitimate #2s in their rotation.

Things could get interesting...

Garza would immediately improve my outlook for the team in 2014; and I already was more optimistic than most.

NO KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm starting to get super excited about this.

With our Offense having everyone back, adding Reynolds power at 1B and potentially adding Garza to our rotation... We could be in for some big things!!!

Agreed, a rotation of Lohse Gallardo Garza Estrada Peralta could compete with a lot of teams, especially when you consider we have one of the best offenses in the nl, could also mean a move of Thornburg to the pen where I think he could really excel

$13m a year? and not losing a first rd pick for a 30 year old SP? im into that

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

I have it on basically no real authority - a friend of a friend who claims to have a "source" which he will not identify - that the Brewers are close to signing Matt Garza and supposedly will sign him tomorrow.

Yes, that rumor is about as reliable as it sounds, in part because I haven't heard any grumblings of this prior to today. Thought I'd at least throw it out there to see what people thought about the prospect of offering Garza. Obviously would depend heavily on the contract he would be given.

I give this friend of a friend an e-cookie.

Archived